What do you think this is worth?

Hello, I want to build myself a new computer and what I was thinking was to list my current old computer up on ebay to see if I can sort of offset the costs. I was wondering what do you guys think this is worth?

Motherboard: EliteGroup ECS 9657-A

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz (Stock Clock) 775 Socket

RAM: ADATA DDR2-800 240 Pin DDR2 Unbuffered-DIMM Ram 1 Gb (2 x 512 Mb) PC6400

PSU: NZXT PF-500 500 Watt Power Supply

Video Card: Zogis GeForce 7600 GS PCI-E 512 MB

Sound Card: 8 Channel 7.1 PCI Sound Card

Hard Drive: Hitachi 160 GB S-ATA2 5400 RPM

Optical Drives: Samsung WriteMaster SH-S182D 18x DVD-RW
Sony 16x52x32x52 CDRW/DVD Combo

Floppy Disc Drive: 1.44 MB Floppy Drive

Additional: Logisys 5.25" Remote Controlled Multifunction Control Panel w/ Temp, Power/Reset, USB & Firewire Ports FP800 SL

Case: Thermaltake Armor Jr VC3000BWS Black

It also has 2 blue L.E.D. Fans and 2 blue cold cathode tubes.

I know it's out of date compared to something you can get new today but I was hoping I could possibly get at least $600 for it possibly some more. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about what worth
  1. 600! no way! im sorry :( but to be honest, that is 300$ if your lucky. you would have to find somebody really gullible though, since on ebay, there are computers way better for 400-500$. this is the closest one i found to yours:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Optiplex-745-Intel-Core-2-Duo-6400-2-13-GHz-/140404511860?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item20b0c2d474

yours has a few better things, so id say no more than 300$. do you want any help configurating the actual new computer though?
  2. ^Agree. Just a tip, it's often better to try to sell the components individually rather than in a complete setup.
  3. Yeah, it's a bummer, but you won't get 600 for that machine in an ethical market. You could always try to push it off on a 13 year old from a nice suburb near his birthday, but nowhere else. 600$ builds a much more current machine brand new. If it was my money, I'd probably offer you right around 200 for that.
  4. to be honest, its probably worth more to wait 20 years until theres like none of them left, and have a thousand $ antique cpu :lol: that might actually work lol...
  5. haha yeah that antique idea's funny! Thats something i've wondered on what people 30+ years from now are going to consider antique and pay top dollar for.

Anyways, I guess the entire time I was posting that I really didn't think it would be worth a whole lot, so it's not like you guys bursted my bubble or anything. But it doesn't hurt to hope / find out what it would be worth ha!

I'll probably post a new topic sometime soon for my new setup and see what suggesstions you guys have!

Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems