I am in the process of upgradinng my PC from xp to win 7. I will also be upgrading to the 64-bit to take advantage of highher limits for RAM. A few simple questions:
1) I have Asus Rampage Formula MOBO. I am not sure which RAM will best work with it?
2) What RAM would you recommend? I need at least 16 Gigs. brand has 2x8 ?
3) Would anyone recommend getting SSD for the windows files "c" drive? Will it make a big difference?
Any links to stores, please make it in UK as that is where I am based now.
Thank you in advance for your help with the NooB questions!
1) Look in your owners manual for the QVL. Buy make and model that it says will work.
2) I like 8Gb as a minimum of Kingston 1333 or 1600MHZ. Also like G.Skill, Corsair, Patriot, etc. Buy the cheapest that fills the need.
3) An SSD is the biggest performance boost you can give a computer. An HHD is always the biggest bottleneck in a build. So yes, if you can afford the luxury, buy one!
Sorry, I can't help with store links....I live in CANADA (and glad I do). It is one of the few places in the world that people are not "afraid" all the time.
and yes, Canada seem to be one of the few countries in the world that has not experienced the financial meltdown the rest of the world has. I know that is one place Greedy Executive Bankers are not moving to!!