Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Network card?

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 6, 2010 2:10:43 AM

alright Ive never built a pc but ive watched vids and it doesnt look that difficult but... my modem and router are in the next room and Im wondering how to get internet ... I mean can I get an internal card .. my router is a type N router and heres my mobo and the card I was looking at ... my case is a gamer had 932 ..

mobo - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=3...

More about : network card

May 6, 2010 2:43:16 AM

You don't need a network card....the MoBo already has two network options "on board"

Onboard LAN
LAN Chipset Marvell 88E8056
Second LAN Chipset Marvell 88E8056
Max LAN Speed Dual 10/100/1000Mbps

LAN = Local Area Network
m
0
l
May 6, 2010 2:54:52 AM

if you want to go wireless and don't want to run a cable, this is the perfect card
m
0
l
Related resources
May 6, 2010 4:32:59 AM

Emerald said:
if you want to go wireless and don't want to run a cable, this is the perfect card


Yes as im sure you are aware you are the one who suggested this card to me :p  It seems to have rock solid reviews so im pretty confident in it , and Jacknaylor I would like to be wireless simply because the cord would have to be around 50 feet long ..
m
0
l
May 6, 2010 5:29:43 AM

adam873873 said:
Yes as im sure you are aware you are the one who suggested this card to me :p  It seems to have rock solid reviews so im pretty confident in it , and Jacknaylor I would like to be wireless simply because the cord would have to be around 50 feet long ..


Although you should realize, that even with 802.11-N your throughout won't be the same as with a wired connection, especially with file transfer. Remember, that with wireless speeds are variable (1-160mbps) while wire speed is 10 or 100 or 1000 constant. May not be a problem for you, but it's something to be aware of.
m
0
l
May 6, 2010 6:21:24 AM

sk1939 said:
Although you should realize, that even with 802.11-N your throughout won't be the same as with a wired connection, especially with file transfer. Remember, that with wireless speeds are variable (1-160mbps) while wire speed is 10 or 100 or 1000 constant. May not be a problem for you, but it's something to be aware of.



If I could download things at 5 mbps I would be happy ... I used to have a connection at 250kbps or lower and it drove me NUTS .. If I have 160 mbps Id actually find that incredible ... Ill take that sacrifice and besides it HAS to be in the other room as the stupid builders at my house didnt include a co-axle plugin in my room :S
m
0
l
!