Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 vs ASUS P8P67-M

rapolitas

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Hey guys. So as you see from the thread, it's Gigabytes board versus the Asus mobo. Since my budget is quite limited (i'm building a mid-range gaming rig), which one would you recommend? Or if theres a better one with very similar price, please inform me ;) Also i heard that the Gigabyte doesnt have HDMI so does that mean I won't be able to connect my monitor with the mobo using HDMI? Or is it just a misunderstanding? Thanks for the help. BTW, love your site ;]

rapolitas

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Or should I just sacrifice some more money and get either the
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 or ASUS P8P67 Pro?
Is it worth it? Does it add much more performance and stuff? And I'm gonna have Intel i5-2400 with a Nvidia GTX 460 1gb. So which of these 4 are better? And do I really have to get either the two more expensive ones or am I not gonna lose that much by getting either of the two cheaper ones? Thanks guys!

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
From what I have read, ASUS has been more reliable. So, that is where I'd put my money. I have never purchased a Gigabyte board for this reason so I don't have direct knowledge as to their reliability. I know they make 300,000 mobos a year and they work with Intel to develop chipsets. So, in theory they should be the go to firm but why does ASUS sell more than anyone else? The answer is the consumer rules.

rapolitas

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Yes but, if the consumers buy Asus because "they heard" it's more reliable, that doesnt give it any advantage over Gigabyte. I have actually read in another thread that people had problems starting the system with the Asus pro.

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011

That is true and so did I. It had to do with the boot setup defaults. Once I changed it in the BIOS, it was clear sailing. Any new product as technical as a mobo is going to have some bugs. They fixed them with a BIOS update and I bet Gigabyte has too. If you think Gigabyte is flawless, you have not been reading the comments that I have. As for your consumer comment....if they were a bad product, people would stop buying. The consumer speaks.

emmanuelxian07

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Hi. I'm actually new here. As of what I've ready, before I can actually start my own thread, I need to reply to other threads first so here's my first (I hope I'm right).
I thought the mobo being compared here was for AMD, turns out I'm wrong. With regards to which is better, I'm not really sure which is better but I did read a lot of reviews, and based on what I read, I had concluded that Gigabyte is better, but when I tried searching for available mobos, ASUS gave more options compared to Gigabyte. It just made me think that most probably ASUS is better since they are able to produce more, they'd have more experience. But just keep in mind that everything has their own pros and cons.

rapolitas

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

I'm new here, too, so no worries ;D But I still can't make up my mind! There are no big pros and cons to either of them.

Resident Evil

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Dont go on p8p67 pro if you are not using multiple GPUs.i have p8p67 and its beastt!!!!That TPU PROCESSOR can overcloak my i5 2500k up to 4.5ghz!Asus boards have more features than gigabytes.But p67a ud3 is not bad choice. if i were you i would buy p8p67 or p67a ud3.Dont go on MicroATX Boards :)and dont forget to take B3 Revision :))

nocredrs

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Gigabyte sucks really, I heard a P67 board from them crashed constantly and didnt read correct specs, voltages, and over-volted, the thing was ***.