Sign in with
Your question

Recommend i5-2500 mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
January 20, 2011 3:39:26 PM

Hi all,

I'm interested in getting an i5-2500 based system and looking for a motherboard. Primarily interested in integrate graphics, raid support and VT-d support. Preferably around $150.

Thanks!

More about : recommend 2500 mobo

a b V Motherboard
January 20, 2011 4:42:01 PM

Take a look at the ASUS 1155 socket series with the H67 chip set for integrated graphics. Anything for the P8H67 series (there are currently 3 models to choose from) will do the job for you. Note they are m-ATX sized boards...a bit smaller than standard ATX (they are square rather than rectangular if this matters). There are a number of reviews available on the web. Just Google it. Checkout the ASUS web site for details on the differences between the three models.

Watch what RAM you buy....try to find stuff on the QVL that runs to spec at 1.5v.

No offence but I am curious why are you thinking about RAID with a setup like this? The reason I say this is because raid doesn't make a lot of sense to me considering you are running integrated graphics. If you want a fast operating system start, consider using a Western Digital VRaptor HDD or an SSD.
Hope this helps.
m
l
January 20, 2011 11:55:20 PM

Thanks Eagle Eye. does anyone know if any of the LGA 1155 mobos support VT-d? If anyone has bought one, could they check out their bios to see if there's support?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2011 12:24:54 AM

I checked the Intel site: I looked at i3, i5 & i7 Sandy Bridge CPU's...they all show no VT-d. Sorry.
m
l
January 21, 2011 1:00:24 AM

The i5 and i7 non-k versions have support but the question is what motherboards have support. That I cannot find an answer to. Frustrating.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 21, 2011 2:07:25 AM

griztown said:
The i5 and i7 non-k versions have support but the question is what motherboards have support. That I cannot find an answer to. Frustrating.

Sorry, you are correct. I looked at the unlocked versions. I suggest you email the board maker and ask them directly.
m
l
!