Strange thing..any idea ?

Kashiawash

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
when i push the startup button in the case {Dolphin pro} the computer starts up for a second and it shuts down immediately and it stays that way for 5 seconds and lights up again and it continues flawlessly..so my question is..,is this normal and this is a power check then it starts or this is something enabled from bios or there is something wrong in the assembly of the case and power supply{Cooler master} ???? plz reply.

Solution
It definitly looks like the BIOS doesn't like something. I have read on this site where a few motherboards had voltage setting that were too low and caused problems.
I would start to diasble features in BIOS one at a time. Start with turbo boost then things your not using. USB3?, Raid controllers, XMP, etc. then the realtek audio usb2 ports.

Kashiawash

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
it's been happening since the second time i booted this computer and my system specs are Mother board{gygabyte p55} processor {I7 860} ram [4g transcend} and vga {xfx hd 5850} case {dolphin pro} power sup. {cooler master }

obsolete99

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
While power is one possible issue, your BIOS and/or RAM may be to blame. What is the exact model of your motherboard (GA-P55-????) and what BIOS version are you using? What speed is your RAM; are they 2x2GB sticks?

Kashiawash

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
The speaker is working and i hear the beeep...................,that's what happens.,when i presss the power button it starts up for like a second{with no beep} and after 5 seconds it reboots with the beep and everything is fine...BUT what i noticed is that when i shut down the computer and DON'T pull out the power plug off the wall..,and pressing the power key again in the case it starts up from the first time with the beep and everything....STRANGE ..really need help.!!

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
It definitly looks like the BIOS doesn't like something. I have read on this site where a few motherboards had voltage setting that were too low and caused problems.
I would start to diasble features in BIOS one at a time. Start with turbo boost then things your not using. USB3?, Raid controllers, XMP, etc. then the realtek audio usb2 ports.

Solution