Spelling & Pronunciation of Tombie

Ciao,

As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as Tombies
(plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie. Are these the
correct spellings? What are the correct pronunciations? Is Tombie pronounced
toom-ee?

Thank you.

/S

stu748S typed:

> Ciao,
>
> As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as Tombies
> (plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie. Are these
> the correct spellings? What are the correct pronunciations? Is Tombie
> pronounced toom-ee?
>
> Thank you.
>
> /S

Never heard that term, but then, I don't get out much. ;)
Tombie and Tombies works for me.

Played all the TR games:
1 on Playstation 1
2-6 on PC (and all the add-on levels)
Played a couple of user made TR games (and will play more soon)
Saw, loved and will own both TR movies (have the 1st one currently)
Have TR/tCoL cap, poster and pin (of AJ in Lara Croft Tomb Raider The Cradle
of Life)
Have stand and removable action figure of Lara Croft from TR2 (?) era with
removable guns

Hmm., I guess I'm a big fan eh? ;)

<tosses coins into bag and passes on>

Why do you ask?

--
Ms T
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

never heard of what you refer to.

enthusiastic Tomb Raiders have always been "Tomb Raiders"
Tomb Raiders that border inside the cultist's realm of the Tomb Raider series of released
games are referred to as "Tomb Raiders". That indeed is the name.

AGTer's are Tomb Raider's that hang around this newsgroup. Like in he or she is an AGTer.

popular phrase "going over to the AGT".

"Tombie" might refer to someone that knows nothing about the Tomb Raider world huh, huh.

so take that back to bozo net eh..

** No Fate **

cheers,
dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictures.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midaspics.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm

**savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

**purchase Tomb Raider 1 PC CD **
http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm#tombraider1

===============================
** No Pili'kaia **

"stu748S" <nospamo@bozo.net> wrote in message news:c-GdnWfu0KCx2OXdRVn2ug@giganews.com...
: Ciao,
:

stu748S wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as Tombies
> (plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie. Are these the
> correct spellings? What are the correct pronunciations? Is Tombie pronounced
> toom-ee?
>
> Thank you.
>
> /S

Guess that's preferable to 'tombers'!

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
My friends are all such tombers! :p

Gordian Slash wrote:

> stu748S wrote:
> >
> > Ciao,
> >
> > As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as Tombies
> > (plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie. Are these the
> > correct spellings? What are the correct pronunciations? Is Tombie pronounced
> > toom-ee?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > /S
>
> Guess that's preferable to 'tombers'!

LOL

Wouldn't a 'toom-ee' be the recipient of a 'tomber'? ;)

-- G

stu748S wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as Tombies
> (plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie.

I don't remember hearing TR fans called that before... at least
not around here. Did you just make that up? :)

> Are these the
> correct spellings? What are the correct pronunciations? Is Tombie pronounced
> toom-ee?

I could be wrong, but that seems like it could be slightly
derogatory, i.e. how a non-TR fan might refer to someone who
is a TR fan.

-- G

Gordian Slash typed:

> stu748S wrote:
>>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as
>> Tombies (plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie.
>> Are these the correct spellings? What are the correct
>> pronunciations? Is Tombie pronounced toom-ee?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> /S
>
> Guess that's preferable to 'tombers'!
>
> --
> rolobeastie@earthlink.net
> My friends are all such tombers! :p

True! ;)

--
Ms T
ever changing calm

Gary Mitchell typed:

> stu748S wrote:
>>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as
>> Tombies (plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie.
>
> I don't remember hearing TR fans called that before... at least
> not around here. Did you just make that up? :)
>
>> Are these the
>> correct spellings? What are the correct pronunciations? Is Tombie
>> pronounced toom-ee?
>
> I could be wrong, but that seems like it could be slightly
> derogatory, i.e. how a non-TR fan might refer to someone who
> is a TR fan.
>
> -- G

I dunno., doesn't bother me.., but labeling seems to be so necessary in our
hate/fear filled society that I tend not to put much attention to them
(lables) anymore. ;)

But now that you ppl have also said you haven't heard the term either makes
me wonder even more why the question was asked.

--
Ms T
ever changing calm

Ms T wrote:
> Gary Mitchell typed:
>
>> stu748S wrote:
>>>
>>> Ciao,
>>>
>>> As I understand it, enthusiastic Tomb Raider fans are known as
>>> Tombies (plural), with individual Tombies referred to as a Tombie.
>>
>> I don't remember hearing TR fans called that before... at least
>> not around here. Did you just make that up? :)
>>
>>> Are these the
>>> correct spellings? What are the correct pronunciations? Is Tombie
>>> pronounced toom-ee?
>>
>> I could be wrong, but that seems like it could be slightly
>> derogatory, i.e. how a non-TR fan might refer to someone who
>> is a TR fan.
>>
>> -- G
>
> I dunno., doesn't bother me.., but labeling seems to be so necessary
> in our hate/fear filled society that I tend not to put much attention
> to them (lables) anymore. ;)
>
> But now that you ppl have also said you haven't heard the term either
> makes me wonder even more why the question was asked.

"tombie" has been used in this ng before. Google it up :)
McG.

"McGrandpa" wrote

> Ms T wrote:
> > Gary Mitchell typed:

> >> I don't remember hearing TR fans called that before... at least
> >> not around here. Did you just make that up? :)

> >> I could be wrong, but that seems like it could be slightly
> >> derogatory, i.e. how a non-TR fan might refer to someone who
> >> is a TR fan.
> >>
> >> -- G
> >
> > I dunno., doesn't bother me.., but labeling seems to be so necessary
> > in our hate/fear filled society that I tend not to put much attention
> > to them (lables) anymore. ;)
> >
> > But now that you ppl have also said you haven't heard the term either
> > makes me wonder even more why the question was asked.
>
> "tombie" has been used in this ng before. Google it up :)
> McG.

Yes, I seem to recall something about die hard fans being "tombies"-- can't
remember when tho...

Don't think it was derogatory...

Anyway, just a thought.... :)

bbocquin wrote:
> "McGrandpa" wrote
>
>> Ms T wrote:
>>> Gary Mitchell typed:

>>> I dunno., doesn't bother me.., but labeling seems to be so necessary
>>> in our hate/fear filled society that I tend not to put much
>>> attention to them (lables) anymore. ;)
>>>
>>> But now that you ppl have also said you haven't heard the term
>>> either makes me wonder even more why the question was asked.
>>
>> "tombie" has been used in this ng before. Google it up :)
>> McG.
>>

> Yes, I seem to recall something about die hard fans being "tombies"--
> can't remember when tho...
>
> Don't think it was derogatory...
>
> Anyway, just a thought.... :)

No, wasn't derogatory at all! Just a li'l nick for all the die hard
Tombraiders :)
McG.

"McGrandpa" wrote

> bbocquin wrote:

> >> "tombie" has been used in this ng before. Google it up :)
> >> McG.
> >>

> > Yes, I seem to recall something about die hard fans being "tombies"--
> > can't remember when tho...
> >
> > Don't think it was derogatory...
> >
> > Anyway, just a thought.... :)
>
> No, wasn't derogatory at all! Just a li'l nick for all the die hard
> Tombraiders :)
> McG.

Complete digression, but Mustang tells me you've joined T4T for some on-line
flying? Perhaps we'll "see" each other one Saturday then. I'll be the one
taxi-ing in circles on the tarmac since I don't have rudder pedals... : D

bbocquin wrote:
> "McGrandpa" wrote
>
>> bbocquin wrote:
>>> "McGrandpa" wrote

>>> Yes, I seem to recall something about die hard fans being
>>> "tombies"-- can't remember when tho...
>>>
>>> Don't think it was derogatory...
>>>
>>> Anyway, just a thought.... :)
>>
>> No, wasn't derogatory at all! Just a li'l nick for all the die hard
>> Tombraiders :)
>> McG.
>>

> Complete digression, but Mustang tells me you've joined T4T for some
> on-line flying? Perhaps we'll "see" each other one Saturday then.
> I'll be the one taxi-ing in circles on the tarmac since I don't have
> rudder pedals... : D
Neither do I, just a twisty stick :) Sidewinder 3D Pro, old type!
Lessee...Mustang has sawed my tail section off with his prop....at 300
meters up...shot me down before I even knew he was behind me....and
drove up right thru my fuselage from below me too! SO....he knows a
good bit about flying he does, and so do the rest of the 242sqn! Oh,
'cept ME of course :)
He's put together an outstanding capture video.
McG.