clean xp sp1 installation

francis

Elitegroup K7S5A motherboard, ram 256 and trying to install xp sp1 but while
losding, it gives me an error 8192 and ask to press any key to exit set up.
never encounter this before, any particular reason, pls enlighten and how can
I install the XP SP1 then. TIA

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=%22error+8192%22+windows+xp+install&qt_s=Search+Groups

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"francis" <francis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Elitegroup K7S5A motherboard, ram 256 and trying to install xp sp1 but
> while
> losding, it gives me an error 8192 and ask to press any key to exit set
> up.
> never encounter this before, any particular reason, pls enlighten and how
> can
> I install the XP SP1 then. TIA

francis

Most probably I dont know how to use the group, all I can see is that all the
questions of similar pproblems group together but without any response from
the experts. I have joined the google group but whats the use? So, if someone
can enlighten me how to go about using the forum. Just tried to install some
ms office application, it fail/// ...many thanks