DVD Driver doesn't read DVDs.

Hi,

When the computer is on and i put in a dvd the dvd driver doesn't read it so i can't open it from My Computer. But if i restart the computer the dvd driver is able to read the dvds. My dvd driver is this TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA Device as Speccy says. i have it for 3 years and this problem started 7-8 months ago. My motherboard has 4 Sata sockets. In the 1st i have connected my master HDD, in the 2nd my slave HDD and in the 3rd the DVD Driver. I don't have anything connected to the 4th. if you need any other info let me know.

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about driver doesn read dvds
  1. It may be as simple as needed to replace the faulty drive. First, try reseating all the cables. If something once worked and now is iffy, a replacement is often the solution.

Have you got a spare lying around that you can try?
  2. WyomingKnott said:
    It may be as simple as needed to replace the faulty drive. First, try reseating all the cables. If something once worked and now is iffy, a replacement is often the solution.

Have you got a spare lying around that you can try?

no i dont have another drive to test
  3. Either try your drive in another PC or buy a new one at a store that is good about returns and try it. Most likely explanation, after loose cables, is that the drive has gone south.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Drives DVD Computer Hard Drives Storage