Sign in with
Your question

DVD Driver doesn't read DVDs.

Last response: in Storage
June 19, 2012 9:06:54 AM

Hi,

When the computer is on and i put in a dvd the dvd driver doesn't read it so i can't open it from My Computer. But if i restart the computer the dvd driver is able to read the dvds. My dvd driver is this TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA Device as Speccy says. i have it for 3 years and this problem started 7-8 months ago. My motherboard has 4 Sata sockets. In the 1st i have connected my master HDD, in the 2nd my slave HDD and in the 3rd the DVD Driver. I don't have anything connected to the 4th. if you need any other info let me know.

Thanks!

More about : dvd driver read dvds

a c 289 G Storage
June 19, 2012 7:42:39 PM

It may be as simple as needed to replace the faulty drive. First, try reseating all the cables. If something once worked and now is iffy, a replacement is often the solution.

Have you got a spare lying around that you can try?
m
l
June 20, 2012 1:10:14 PM

WyomingKnott said:
It may be as simple as needed to replace the faulty drive. First, try reseating all the cables. If something once worked and now is iffy, a replacement is often the solution.

Have you got a spare lying around that you can try?

no i dont have another drive to test
m
l
a c 289 G Storage
June 20, 2012 7:12:06 PM

Either try your drive in another PC or buy a new one at a store that is good about returns and try it. Most likely explanation, after loose cables, is that the drive has gone south.
m
l
!