Jim

using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual was
at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I get
a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice, thanks

Hi

Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual
> was
> at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
> respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I
> get
> a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
> thanks

Jim

Initially when I on the pc, its give me the message (bottom right hand
corner) that "VM Minimum too low" Your system is low in memory. Window is
increasing the size of your VM paging file......'} When I check it it was
at(192/384) so i set it to 384/500. Now, not only I cannot click the
properties (of my computer), the initail message still appear on the bottom
right corner. I set the VM as describe in http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php.

so what can I do to get my pc going? Pls help, thanks

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:
>
> "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual
> > was
> > at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
> > respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I
> > get
> > a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
> > thanks

Jim

May be I should correct myself now, I restart the pc a couple of times and
now I dont get the Rundll32 error and can access the system properties and to
to VM. However, the initial message is still appearing at the bottom of the
right hand corner,. I suppose I have to do the 'trial and error' to get it
right?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:
>
> "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual
> > was
> > at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
> > respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I
> > get
> > a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
> > thanks

Let Windows manage the pagefile.. also check for free space on your drive..
it may be running low too..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> May be I should correct myself now, I restart the pc a couple of times and
> now I dont get the Rundll32 error and can access the system properties and
> to VM. However, the initial message is still appearing at the bottom of
> the
> right hand corner,. I suppose I have to do the 'trial and error' to get it
> right?
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:
>>
>> "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the
>> > virtual
>> > was
>> > at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
>> > respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc)
>> > get
>> > a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
>> > thanks

Jim

same message at the bottom right hand corner, when i let system do the job
managing the vm. my hd is abt 16mb, nothing much install really, only ms
office, scanner,printer and modem. tks