virtual mem too low

using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual was
at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I get
a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice, thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about virtual

    Hi

    Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:

    "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual
    > was
    > at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
    > respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I
    > get
    > a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
    > thanks

    Initially when I on the pc, its give me the message (bottom right hand
    corner) that "VM Minimum too low" Your system is low in memory. Window is
    increasing the size of your VM paging file......'} When I check it it was
    at(192/384) so i set it to 384/500. Now, not only I cannot click the
    properties (of my computer), the initail message still appear on the bottom
    right corner. I set the VM as describe in http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php.

    so what can I do to get my pc going? Pls help, thanks

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:
    >
    > "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
    > http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
    >
    > --
    >

    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual
    > > was
    > > at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
    > > respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I
    > > get
    > > a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
    > > thanks

    May be I should correct myself now, I restart the pc a couple of times and
    now I dont get the Rundll32 error and can access the system properties and to
    to VM. However, the initial message is still appearing at the bottom of the
    right hand corner,. I suppose I have to do the 'trial and error' to get it
    right?

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:
    >
    > "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
    > http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
    >
    > --
    >

    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the virtual
    > > was
    > > at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
    > > respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc) I
    > > get
    > > a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
    > > thanks

    Let Windows manage the pagefile.. also check for free space on your drive..
    it may be running low too..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > May be I should correct myself now, I restart the pc a couple of times and
    > now I dont get the Rundll32 error and can access the system properties and
    > to VM. However, the initial message is still appearing at the bottom of
    > the
    > right hand corner,. I suppose I have to do the 'trial and error' to get it
    > right?
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:
    >>
    >> "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
    >> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > using xpsp2, ram 256mb and Amd Duron (tm) processor 846 mhz. the
    >> > virtual
    >> > was
    >> > at 192/384 and I get the low memory message, so I increase to 384/500
    >> > respectively. Now when I try to go to right click properties (on my pc)
    >> > get
    >> > a rundll32 exe Applicatiion error. Any idea why is that, pls advice,
    >> > thanks

    same message at the bottom right hand corner, when i let system do the job
    managing the vm. my hd is abt 16mb, nothing much install really, only ms
    office, scanner,printer and modem. tks

    "Mike Hall" wrote:

    > Let Windows manage the pagefile.. also check for free space on your drive..
    > it may be running low too..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > May be I should correct myself now, I restart the pc a couple of times and
    > > now I dont get the Rundll32 error and can access the system properties and
    > > to VM. However, the initial message is still appearing at the bottom of
    > > the
    > > right hand corner,. I suppose I have to do the 'trial and error' to get it
    > > right?
    > >
    > > "Will Denny" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:
    > >>
    > >> "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
    > >> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>

    > >> Will Denny