Good cd/dvd drive?

olender

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
Hey everyone,

I was going to just pull the cd/dvd drive off my old computer for my new build, but I believe it still uses IDE, which is big, bulky and ugly :non: . So I was wondering if I should just forget it and buy a new cd/dvd drive that uses SATA/molex. Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't wanna spend alot, just something to get the job done without sacraficing performance and make cable managment and appearance a little nicer. Thanks for any suggestions.

143miah

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010

There's lots of CD/DVD drives on Newegg for cheap, brand name too.

Here's one:

Sony CD/DVD Burner

olender

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

I've been trying to decide between Sony and Lite-On, but there's always a few negative reviews that turn me off from both. I just want a drive that I will mostly be using for reading and occasionally writing a music cd/movie dvd. I'm not sure which company is more reliable in terms of longevity and quality. Any ideas? It seems that its nearly impossible a highly rated drive that wont have any negative feedback, but then again, nothing is perfect so I guess that is to be expected.

banthracis

Distinguished
Your question is the computer equivalent of going into Staples and asking the clerks which pencil is the best to write with.

Yes some may be slightly better than others and some may have better reviews than others, but at the end of the day its a damn pencil, they all do the same thing almost equally well.

Just be sure to buy a SATA one.

olender

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010

Hahaha, I like the analogy, I'll make sure to buy the pencil, and not the pencil :lol: .