Amd Usb3 Mobo required

Hello,

Hi Guys,
Im planning my first self bulid based around an AMD 1055t, Ati 5850 gfx & Be Quiet Special Edition White 600W E7 Modular PSU(£59.99 bargain). My main cause of confusion is Mobo selection, DD3 memory & a fast & quiet Hdd.
I will be using my Pc as a Media centre connected to a 42inch Lcd & home cinema system. Whilst my current pc does all of this with no sweat (Excluding rip off Blu ray)im looking for a system that will play games equally as well as a ps3 or xbox. I know i could just go & buy a consol but what a waste of cash seeing as my pc is the hub. I have a budget of between 700-£800. I also require native Usb3 & expansion slots for tv tuner & future upgrades. I would appreciate any realistic input.
Oh yea, as far as overclocking goes it would be nice if any suggestions could accomodate a novice who may dabble a little further down the line.. we all have to start somewhere !
2 answers Last reply
More about usb3 mobo required
  1. what size do you need? atx, matx, itx ....
    usb3 can be had on 770, 880, or 890 chipsets ranging in price from $80 to almost $250

Heres a list of neweggs AM3 motherboards with USB3 sorted by best rating:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625%20600007943&IsNodeId=1&srchInDesc=usb3&page=1&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=20
  2. If you want a fast hard drive you should take an SSD in consideration. They're a little expensive but they're blazing fast and very quiet if not completely silent. Or you could take a couple of hard drives and put them in a raid0 config. A raid0 config will use/see both harddrives as one drive with twice the speed but also twice the noise and there is another downside; if one drive fails you will lose all data. If you want a fast/solid harddrive go with either a Western Digital Caviar Black or Samsung Spinpoint F3.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Product