Aquiering ip adress ip adress invalid ip 0.0.0.0

tony8894

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
my mom unplugged my pc and modem when i turned it back on my internet wont come on..i know alot about pc's but this is just weird because i cant configure my ip it says my ip is 0.0.0.0.... ive went to the cmd promt typed ipconfig /renew ipconfig /reales and all of it please help me before i go crazy!!!!!

Go back to Command Prompt and type in ipconfig /all including eth space, and find and take a note of your Default Gateway - possibly something like 192.168.0.1 then close the form. In the connection's Properties, select TCP/IP and go to the properties page for that. Change from Automatic IP from DHCP to manual "use the following" and enter the Gateway address into the appropriate box. Two boxes above that, enter an address which, if the gateway is as I suggested above, type 192.168.0.100. Clicking in the next box down automatically fills in the subnet. Click Apply and OK then restart the computer. Once the system finds that manually set address, you could probably get away with reverting to Automatic DHCP but post back if it fails to fix the problem.