2.5 to 3.5 inch converter vs desktop case with 2.5 inch drive bay

claw999

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
Hello everyone,
I have ordered a Kingston SSD bundle, they are sending a 2.5 inch to 3.5 inch converter with it. I was planning to buy the coolermaster haf-922 but then I saw that some cases (like the corsair graphite series 600T which costs 70 USD more) come with a 2.5 inch bay built in. Is there a difference between using the 2.5 inch converter that kingston gave me in the coolermaster haf 922 and buying the corsair 600T with an inbuilt 2.5 inch bay?

I have scoured the internet looking for an answer but could not find it, please help me. I was not sure whether to put this in the SSD section or the case section, so i put it in both.

Solution
There is absolutely no difference as far as the SSD is concerned. all the bracket does is let you screw it into a 3.5 drive bay.

most modern cases have screw holes for both 3.5 and 2.5 in their trays now. Some come with adapter brackets. some make dedicated spots because SSDs are smaller and it lets them do different things with.the case design.
There is absolutely no difference as far as the SSD is concerned. all the bracket does is let you screw it into a 3.5 drive bay.

most modern cases have screw holes for both 3.5 and 2.5 in their trays now. Some come with adapter brackets. some make dedicated spots because SSDs are smaller and it lets them do different things with.the case design.

Solution