Whats the best mobo for i7 930

sonicmask

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Whats the best mobo for i7 930.. about to upgrade but dont know which to choose... need dual 16x pci e. BOth running 16x.. anyone!

intelx

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
just my 2 cents after trying different motherboards, for best quality go with gigabyte or asus, EVGA price is too high for what they ask for, if i was you i will go with either gigabyte or asus they have the best quality out there.

Since all the X58 boards perform the same at stock, it comes down to features and overclocking while making a decision.. For the price that either of those (your mentioned) boards, you've alternatives with features such as USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps.. Although may not be so much relevant at present, why would you want to loose on those features..!! Personally, i'd recommend either of the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, MSI Big Bang XPower and Asus Rampage III Extreme.. All those boards have a fully updated feature set with the Gigabyte model being the best bang for the buck and the Asus model being the best premium single socket X58 chipset based motherboard..

sonicmask

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010

i beg to differ, i had 3 evga boards every since they started making boards... its good quality and an overclockers dream, like the 680i on a q6600, got it to 3.7 on a zalman 9700... thats amazing. EVGA IS AMAZING.