Trying to Capture Game Play Battlefield: Bad Company 2

WheelCipher

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
My pertinent hardware list:

Video Card: HIS H489FT1GP Radeon HD 4890 DUAL DVI 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Turbo OC Edition [LINK]

Monitor: SAMSUNG 2343BWX High Glossy Black 23" 5ms 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000:1 (DC) w/ HDCP Support [LINK]

RAM: 8 gigs (Patriot Gaming PC12800 DDR3)

Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core

Hello everyone!

I am trying to get good quality on some videos I record while playing games. I used FRAPS last night just to test it and it came out OK. I am wondering (1) If I use a capture card, would I get better HD quality (even if just a minimal increase) and (2) as a novice, how in the heck would one go about connecting it all together based on the hardware I have (listed above) with the video capture card (listed below).

I am thinking about getting the BlackMagic Intensity Pro card. Would this be beneficial? If so, how would one go about hooking up the rig with all the combinations of HDMI and DVI connections?

Thanks in Advance!

well if you do get that card (kind of expensive IMO), get 2 dvi to hdmi cables, one from the GPU to the card, another from the card to the monitor, ie DVI(GPU)->HDMI(Card)->DVI(Monitor)

though i don't know how much better quality you would get

WheelCipher

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010

Makes perfect sense... thanks for the help. I am trying to decide *if* it will help or look better than what I am getting with Fraps. Thanks again!