SSD For Windows XP

iendigma

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hey guys I'm not sure if any SSD was ever created for seamless use with the XP operating system so my question is, is there one?

I obviously don't know anything on the matter since I'm asking, I'm looking for a SSD that will boot & run XP on the spot. If there isn't one is there anyway to make it work to get that SSD speed?

Solution
As long as You have sata II on your MB (perferably an intel based Controller), you should be OK with the Newer sata III SSDs.

You will lose Trim cmd support, but the Newer SSDs have improved on Garbage collection (CG) ,Just works better with Trim, and on the wear leveling algorthum.

As most on this forum know I only really recommend the Curcial M4 and the Samsung 830, BUT the SATA III Sandforce based SSDs have implemented Better CG.

If you have sata II Might want to look at the OCZ Agillity III 120 Gig (Just for OS + Programs).

Normal recommendation is to leave at LEAST 10 % of the drive free so that CG, Trim (Will not Have), and wear leveling can work there magic, with XP recommend you increase that to 15%
As long as You have sata II on your MB (perferably an intel based Controller), you should be OK with the Newer sata III SSDs.

You will lose Trim cmd support, but the Newer SSDs have improved on Garbage collection (CG) ,Just works better with Trim, and on the wear leveling algorthum.

As most on this forum know I only really recommend the Curcial M4 and the Samsung 830, BUT the SATA III Sandforce based SSDs have implemented Better CG.

If you have sata II Might want to look at the OCZ Agillity III 120 Gig (Just for OS + Programs).

Normal recommendation is to leave at LEAST 10 % of the drive free so that CG, Trim (Will not Have), and wear leveling can work there magic, with XP recommend you increase that to 15%

Solution