Case Decision for new computer

Evilmanta

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
So I'm pretty open to ideas, but i've been looking at the NZXT Hades and Antec Nine Hundred.
But I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions. I'm mostly concerned about case temperatures.
Budget is about 150 dollars for a case, max, but it'd be nice to spend under 100.

Other components I've decided on so far:
Corsair 550V Power Supply
Intel Core i5-750
Palit GTX460

Still picking a motherboard, but I figure case size will affect it, though I dont' really see micro ATX being compatible with this gaming rig. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Solution
I like the Antec 900. I have three, starting back from when there were very few gaming cases. If I were starting now, I'd probably go with one of the HAF cases.

Antec 900 pros: excellent cooling, pretty quiet.
Cons: cable management features virtually nonexistent - unless you are prepared to do some extra work.

I'd also recommend that you get a case with a cutout in the motherboard tray below the CPU socket. It will make changing heatsinks easier.

titanyov

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

A regular ATX mobo will fit into any (as far as I can tell) mid tower case. You don't need to worry about it.
You might also be able to find a full tower (for possible future needs/upgrades) for about 150$, but for your needs a regular mid tower is fine.

Personally, I'm not too familiar with mid towers, but the HAF 922 seems sweet. I've only dealt with the full tower version, the 932, but they seem to be similar. As for the cooling side, I give it a thumbs up. Basically any tower out there nowadays does a good job at cooling.

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119197

Of course the NZXT Hades and the Antec Nine Hundred are also extremely good cases, so pick whatever you like. There are TONS of good looking cases on Newegg. Just go for something you like. Don't worry so much about the cooling, unless you're gonna overclock stuff or something.

If you're finding it EXTREMELY hard to figure out, google the case's review. Read it through, and decide whether you want it or not. Take your time, and listen to your heart. ;)

I like the Antec 900. I have three, starting back from when there were very few gaming cases. If I were starting now, I'd probably go with one of the HAF cases.

Antec 900 pros: excellent cooling, pretty quiet.
Cons: cable management features virtually nonexistent - unless you are prepared to do some extra work.

I'd also recommend that you get a case with a cutout in the motherboard tray below the CPU socket. It will make changing heatsinks easier.

Solution

Evilmanta

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Thanks for the advice! I haven't overclocked anything ever, mostly from fear of damaging the components and the need for extra cooling. But I've never really dealt with cable management, which is probably not a good thing. I never worried about it, since the last few of my computers it never really seemed like a concern until recently.

If most of these cases are going to be fine on cooling, I guess my next factor would be noise factor. So thanks for the advice! I'll look into the HAF. Maybe other suggestions will come out as well. Thanks again!

blakeyon2asd

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
heres my hades I done a little painting to some of the wire mesh and it's pretty good looking now, the only thing that I would really recommend over it is the antech 902 and the cooler master 692 advanced. I own all the three of the cases because my dad owns a computer store and he gets samples from big name companies. The cooler master is probably the best of the three because of the size, wire work, cooling, and fan slots I mean I have 12 fans in mine, it also has an option side window I purchased it from newegg.com for like 25 bucks then put a 200mm fan in it rather than the 120. But here's my hades, I'm not completely done with it but it's close

07032010040.jpg

07172010052.jpg

07172010053.jpg

Image127.jpg