I'm at my wits end with my graphics card and its drivers!

Everytime I try install them it goes through the installation of the catalyst stuff successfully but then when I restart the computer it is obvious that there are no graphics drivers installed and I cannot raise the resolution. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

My notebooks graphic's card is a ATI HD4570 and I'm running XP service pack 2.

Thanks!
Garrett
15 answers Last reply
More about wits graphics card drivers
  1. Download Driver Sweeper (free) here. Uninstall your ATI drivers, run Driver Sweeper, restart you computer and re-install the latest (actually I'm using ATI's last month's driver release because the most recent release was buggy.)
  2. Could you link me to the driver release? I think I've already tried it but I may have tried the wrong thing. I'll do the driver sweeper right now.

Thanks,
    Garrett
  3. Sure - this is the PCIe (not AGP driver) for HD4XXX series, WinXP. If these do not work, try your notebook manufacturer's website/support/downloads.
  4. treefrog07 said:
    Sure - this is the PCIe (not AGP driver) for HD4XXX series, WinXP. If these do not work, try your notebook manufacturer's website/support/downloads.

Yep, thats the one I've been using. I tried it one more time after driver sweeper and still nothing, I can't change the resolution. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

The manufacturer is cyberpower, they don't have drivers on their site (unless they are somewhere I can't find them).

Garrett

Edit:

The cyberpower driver section is just links to the manufacturer's sites.
  5. Have you tried installing just the driver skipping catalyst?
  6. rolli59 said:
    Have you tried installing just the driver skipping catalyst?

I'll try that right now.
  7. Well this is ...Odd. I've used the driver cleanser tool several times already and its reporting drivers I KNOW I haven't installed. All the NVIDIA ones displayed there I certainly did not install.
  8. Those are the drivers it can clean. You will have to tell it to remove the ATI display drivers for it to clean them out.
  9. Just a quick question, is this a notebook that supports ATI's drivers? I only ask because many (including mine) only accept drivers directly from the notebook manufacturer.
  10. EXT64 said:
    .......is this a notebook that supports ATI's drivers? I only ask because many (including mine) only accept drivers directly from the notebook manufacturer.
    This is why I suggested the notebook mfrs. website earlier.
  11. EXT64 said:
    Just a quick question, is this a notebook that supports ATI's drivers? I only ask because many (including mine) only accept drivers directly from the notebook manufacturer.

Yep, I installed the newest ATI drivers from the ATI site in september when I got it. It crashed in febuary and I reinstalled windows. That is when the problem started. I've been running it without graphics card drivers from febuary till now (college was hectic and it wasn't a pressing concern).
  12. All right, just wanted to be sure.

If you go into Device Manager, does it list any drivers as installed for the GPU?
  13. EXT64 said:
    All right, just wanted to be sure.

If you go into Device Manager, does it list any drivers as installed for the GPU?

Nope, even after I install the ati catalyst drivers.
  14. Can you try older drivers, like around the ones you had before crash?
  15. hi there rogueleader,

after installing your video drivers, check to see if your laptop monitor hertz is on the right setting. Hope this helps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers Graphics Cards Graphics