Which motherboard fot i5 2500k

djrulz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
hey i have got the i5 2500k processor.now which motherboard???asus p8p67 or sabertooth p67???or any gigabyte mobo.want the best within 10k indian rupees (arnd $230).then i need to go for the graphics card

Solution
If it was my money, I would get the P8P67 Pro and put that money to better use on other components; the shield is probably not worth 40$ and I don't think any of these boards would die within 5 years no matter the warranty. As for Asus vs Gigabyte (P67A-UD4), both would be of equal quality, but I think more work was put toward the Asus's EUFI (new BIOS) interface compared to Gigabyte's and for that reason I would go toward Asus.

Zenthar

Distinguished
The shield is supposed to be there for cooling, but people say the difference is negligible if the casing is well ventilated. However, the Sabertooth does come with a 5 year warranty instead of the 3 years for the P8P67 Pro. On the other hand the P8P67 Pro seems to have on-board bluetooth.

If you prefer the look or want the 2 extra year of warranty, go for the Sabertooth. If you want to save some $$$ or want the bluetooth, then go for the Pro.

djrulz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
hmmm so which one do u suggest.or is it negligible btwn sabertooth and p8p67 pro???as the price diff only abt 2k indian rupees($40).bt warranty matrs.i have read smwhr dat p8p67 pro has a betr bios hence its betr??so plzzz commnt

Zenthar

Distinguished
If it was my money, I would get the P8P67 Pro and put that money to better use on other components; the shield is probably not worth 40$ and I don't think any of these boards would die within 5 years no matter the warranty. As for Asus vs Gigabyte (P67A-UD4), both would be of equal quality, but I think more work was put toward the Asus's EUFI (new BIOS) interface compared to Gigabyte's and for that reason I would go toward Asus.

Solution

Zenthar

Distinguished
I might be wrong, but I haven't seen anywhere the mention of UEFI (new kind of BIOS) for Jetway MB and I scanned the manual so. In itself it's not the end of the world, but it does show some kind of "outdatedness". I would rather go for the ASRock P67 Extreme4 (10$ more than the Jetway). BTW, my previous comments were for the P8P67 Pro, not the base one.

djrulz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
so zenthar tell me one thing.i had alwz looked to get asus for i5.now if asrock extreme gives the same facilities for a leeser amnt then i shld go fir it.shldnt i??????or shld i finalize asus p8p67 and sabertooth and decide among then according to budget constraints???

Zenthar

Distinguished
The ASRock might be slightly slower (but not in a significant way), has only a 1 year warranty vs 3 for the P8P67-Pro and 5 years for the Sabertooth and it won't OC as well. The P8P67 Pro has built-in bluetooth, but the ASRock has a 5.25 bay FP USB 3.0 connector with SSD caddy.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting the ASRock especially if getting an Asus would mean sacrificing something else (ex: I would rather put the 40$ on a SSD/GPU than on the MB).

djrulz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
hmmmm for me warranty matters.then asrock dsnt rock for me.hehe.so i go for asus.need to check all the specs of both the models.then i wud dcid.wise dcisn zenthar??????