5770 crossfire vs gtx 470

Can 2x 5770 cards beat a gtx 470
14 answers Last reply
More about 5770 crossfire
  1. If a HD5870 does they can.
  2. the real question, is why does it matter?
  3. Because he might have a crossfire MOBO and a $350 budget, mindless?

    NeoPc, get 2x HD5770 HAWK editions, by MSI. They run a lot cooler, and you can OC them a bit. 2x OC'd HD5770's = the nonexisting HD5890 or better.
  4. shadow187 said:
    Because he might have a crossfire MOBO and a $350 budget, mindless?

    NeoPc, get 2x HD5770 HAWK editions, by MSI. They run a lot cooler, and you can OC them a bit. 2x OC'd HD5770's = the nonexisting HD5890 or better.


    well he didn't tell us anything (i was kind of being an ass), though i would say just get the 5850, best single card for the price range so down the line it could be crossfired with another
  5. Lol, I was wondering what was up.

    When one doesn't give you any information, just answer the question.
  6. shadow187 said:
    Lol, I was wondering what was up.

    When one doesn't give you any information, just answer the question.


    i guess, but it happens too much around here
  7. mindless728 said:
    well he didn't tell us anything (i was kind of being an ass), though i would say just get the 5850, best single card for the price range so down the line it could be crossfired with another

    That was exactly what I thought when I got my son the HD4850 but instead of getting another one we are contemplating a HD5850.
    That is the second time this happens since we thought the same with his 7900GS in his old s939SLI board.
  8. rolli59 said:
    That was exactly what I thought when I got my son the HD4850 but instead of getting another one we are contemplating a HD5850.
    That is the second time this happens since we thought the same with his 7900GS in his old s939SLI board.


    well, adding a second 4850 (which is cheap, what $100 these days) would give performance at about 5850 levels, as opposed to getting the 5850 which would be around $300

    its what i did with my 4870, $160 to find the exact same card (because i wanted it to be the same), and i get good performance out of it
  9. Mindless i ask in order to understand how good 2x5770 are.

    Most sites dont have good benchmarks with dix11 games.

    Also in my country 2x5770 are 20 euro less than 5850 and 110 euro less than 470.

    One 5850 and cf it in a year is the other choise but if its price isnt below 150 euro it isnt a good deal for me.So it is more safe to say i go 2x5770 for the years to come rather than never buy a second 5850.

    Cf different cards sounds very difficult and with many problems i dont want to face.
  10. NeoPc said:
    Mindless i ask in order to understand how good 2x5770 are.

    Most sites dont have good benchmarks with dix11 games.

    Also in my country 2x5770 are 20 euro less than 5850 and 110 euro less than 470.

    One 5850 and cf it in a year is the other choise but if its price isnt below 150 euro it isnt a good deal for me.So it is more safe to say i go 2x5770 for the years to come rather than never buy a second 5850.

    Cf different cards sounds very difficult and with many problems i dont want to face.


    the 2x5770 tends to be faster than a 5870 by a little and given the prices, you should go for it
  11. To be honest crossfire is a bit glitchy. Most noticable on Bioshock 2. Sometimes I get lag on 2D enviroments but sometimes not. Most of the time it is ok though.

    On the other end of the spectrum, a single card is always great.
  12. rofl_my_waffle said:
    To be honest crossfire is a bit glitchy. Most noticable on Bioshock 2. Sometimes I get lag on 2D enviroments but sometimes not. Most of the time it is ok though.

    On the other end of the spectrum, a single card is always great.


    so you have had a bad experience with one game, that doesn't mean crossfire is glitchy, because i can honestly say that 90% of newer games that i own it works fine for

    and yes, a single card is great, but for the best performance for the money, this crossfire setup looks to be the best (besting a 5870 at 5850 prices where he is)
  13. HD 5770 crossfire. Well GTX 480 will perform better but HD 5770 is much cheaper, less power consuming, runs cooler etc..
  14. okini55 said:
    HD 5770 crossfire. Well GTX 480 will perform better but HD 5770 is much cheaper, less power consuming, runs cooler etc..


    yet again yoda, you have failed to read the thread, he has so much money for gpu(s), and the GTX480 is out, its between the 5770CF, 5850, GTX470. And really the GTX470 is out since it would be 110 above the CF5770 where he is
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Crossfire Graphics