E18 error with Canon IXUS30/SD200 in Australia

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 10, 2004 4:19:26 AM

Hello digital camera pros,

I recently bought an IXUS30/SD200 Canon camera. The camera was working
beautifully and I was amazingly impressed... until I dropped it. Ever
since I dropped it, I have gained an E18 error every time I turn it
on. The lens doesn't moved in and out as it should.

My question is: Is the camera easily repairable? Although the camera
is under warranty, I imagine it isn't covered? Is it? Is it possible
to fix it myself? If not, how much will it cost to fix? Thankyou ever
so much for your help!!
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 4:19:27 AM

st wrote:
> Hello digital camera pros,
>
> I recently bought an IXUS30/SD200 Canon camera. The camera was working
> beautifully and I was amazingly impressed... until I dropped it. Ever
> since I dropped it, I have gained an E18 error every time I turn it
> on. The lens doesn't moved in and out as it should.
>
> My question is: Is the camera easily repairable? Although the camera
> is under warranty, I imagine it isn't covered? Is it? Is it possible
> to fix it myself? If not, how much will it cost to fix? Thankyou ever
> so much for your help!!

I don't have a Canon but it must be worth trying canon warranty repair.
If all else fails, a google search for 'canon e18 error' throws up this
diy solution.

http://www.ixus-world.de/index.htm?tips/repair_guide/e1...

Good luck!
Phil