Sign in with
Your question

BC2 and GTX 280 SLI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2010 3:05:16 AM

I have just upgraded to a couple of GTX's in SLI, but I don't know if it is working properly, I'm not really seeing a huge difference.

My rig:

Intel core i7 -stock
2x GTX 280 SLI
6gb DDR3
1TB HDD
native res: 2048x1152 on 23" monitor

When I run this game on total max settings, except Anti Alias are both turned down to 8x - I get about 30-40FPS

To me this doesnt seem right, as when I ran 1x GTX 280 at similar settings, everything high except shadows, and 2x AA with the same frames.

Should these frames be higher?

Also, the second card I have, never gets hot, its stays around 50c. yet it is still being used according to GPUZ
I played the RUSE Beta as max settings, the game killed my system, i ran under 30 fps, sometimes dropping to teens.

I updated to latest drivers, and also I did enable SLI in the nVidia control panel. (in GPUZ it says SLI is enabled, and in nVidia auto detect it says GTX 280 X2)

Maybe I am expecting too much out of these cards, or do you think something is wrong. I see these people that claim to be running their BC2 at much higher frames, with rigs that are at the level of my rigs, or even less!

thanks

More about : bc2 gtx 280 sli

a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 3:23:54 AM

Unfortunately SLI is kinda glitchy at high resolutions and high AA. Try turning down AA a bit.

You can see in some benchmarks GTX 285 SLI scores 0 FPS in some high resolution benchmarks. Same with the GTX 295 which is a dual GPU.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 4:43:00 AM

rofl_my_waffle said:
Unfortunately SLI is kinda glitchy at high resolutions and high AA. Try turning down AA a bit.

You can see in some benchmarks GTX 285 SLI scores 0 FPS in some high resolution benchmarks. Same with the GTX 295 which is a dual GPU.

at this res, it shouldn't be a problem (even with 16xAA), its only the GTX295 with high AA that has an issue at 2560x1600 since it has less than 1GB/GPU vram

2 x GTX280 should perform better than this (or at at least i would think so), i have 2 x 4870 everything max 1920x1080 and i get 60fps (50 with lots of explosions going on)
though check you processor during gaming and make sure it isn't peaking out (ie 100% utilization)
m
l
!