Sign in with
Your question

Driver mscd001 for xp boot disk for Samsung Laptop

Last response: in Windows XP
January 25, 2013 10:06:36 AM

Hello, i have a trojan ecpu on my laptop which locks me out even in safe mode. The only fix I have found is to run Kaspersky from a boot cd which I have created on my PC. I have changed the boot order on the laptop but it keeps giving me a message that driver MSCD001 cant be found and it can't read the external drive with kaspersky on it. Can you suggest where I can get a driver that will enable it to read the drive. I have already tried Samsung, the maker of the drive with no success as well as many other sites. Or do you have any other suggestions to get round this? Thanks in advance.

Colin
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
January 25, 2013 12:35:35 PM

griswald said:
Hello, i have a trojan ecpu on my laptop which locks me out even in safe mode. The only fix I have found is to run Kaspersky from a boot cd which I have created on my PC. I have changed the boot order on the laptop but it keeps giving me a message that driver MSCD001 cant be found and it can't read the external drive with kaspersky on it. Can you suggest where I can get a driver that will enable it to read the drive. I have already tried Samsung, the maker of the drive with no success as well as many other sites. Or do you have any other suggestions to get round this? Thanks in advance.

Colin

If your laptop has option to boot from USB, download the Kapersky USB rescue version.
January 26, 2013 3:01:01 PM

Thanks ksiemb, I didn't have a memory stick big enough to load kaspersky on, so I have ordered one which hopefully will arrive Monday. Hopefully there will be no problems accessing it. Was hoping to fix it in the meantime with the dvd drive but if this works I'll be more than happy.
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
January 28, 2013 11:16:48 AM

griswald said:
Thanks ksiemb, I didn't have a memory stick big enough to load kaspersky on, so I have ordered one which hopefully will arrive Monday. Hopefully there will be no problems accessing it. Was hoping to fix it in the meantime with the dvd drive but if this works I'll be more than happy.

Pretty sure I loaded it on 4gb USB drive !
January 28, 2013 11:52:39 AM

I didn't have a memory stick big enough to load kaspersky on
January 30, 2013 2:25:17 PM

Thanks for the advice so far, but..

Still no luck. I bought a larger stick and loaded the kaspersky rescue disk software onto it following their instructions, in fact I have now gone through the process twice to make sure I didn't miss anyting first time round. Upshot is I'm no futher on, the bios receognises the stick but when booting it just seems to bypass it and load windows normally.

Has anybody else found a fix for this trojan or have any other suggestions as my laptop is locked out by this ecpu trojan and it's really starting to annoy me. So far i've tried trying to the get the bios to read from a cd drive and from a memory stick. Any thoughts?
!