Sign in with
Your question

Booting - No Display - Desperately need help

Last response: in Systems
May 7, 2010 6:45:42 PM

Hello,
Desperately Seeking Help.

I have been upgrading and building my Personal Computers since 1993 - this is my first failure. No Display.

Would this make a difference - There is no:
No PLED Connected to Motherboard - No Light Fitted to Case - so cannot plugged in
No CD/DVD
No Floppy /

When turning on the power the green light on the moterboard is illuminated. Pressing the start button - there is a beep (I do not have a speaker) the CPU Fan runs, and the Graphic Fan runs - After a while The CPU Feels Warm, as does another large blue heat-sink on the motherboard. No Display on the monitor. The Hard Drive is warm - though the light on the case does not light up. Pressing the start button for 4 seconds and the fans stop.

Pressing the start button the second time and the fans start for a second - stops for about 2 - 3 seconds and then start again, The reset button turns the fans off - but when released the fans start again.

I bought all these things on Ebay and I thought I had been sold a faulty hardware. I have now bought another PSU - New, another Moterboard, another CPU, another Graphic Card - in fact everything is different except the memory (This was new - and I have ordered more)

Exactly the same thing happens - I could hardly believe it.

Without the CPU the fans spin and the same beep etc. the only dirrerent is that pressing the start button for 4 seconds does not turn the fans off.

Asus P5QL Pro Intel P43 (Socket 775) DDR2 PCI-Express M
DDR2 DIMM : 2 x 2GB STICKS
Speed : DDR2 800Mhz PC6400
Pins : 240Pin
Non-ECC/Non-Registered
Voltage : 1.8V
CAS Latency : CL 5
Unbuffered DIMM

405W PSU High Power Plus (New)
2nd One 440 Watt Used
May 9, 2010 7:54:33 AM

Thank you for your response --- It doesn't - I tried all and Every suggestion before Listing my question. This is probably my stupid error but I have been building and uprading since 1993. Many Thanks Peter
Related resources
May 10, 2010 9:39:46 AM

shortstuff_mt said:
We have a sticky that was created to troubleshoot this exact problem. Please let us know how it goes after you've performed EVERY step in this checklist.

PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems!

Thank you for your response --- It doesn't - I tried all and Every suggestion before Listing my question.

My one main question - the PLED connection is not connected to the motherboard - as there is no PLED cable with the Case. Could this be the cause of my No Booting Problem?

Many Thanks Peter
May 14, 2010 11:24:26 AM

To answer my own question - in case someone else has this problem. The PLED does not need to be connected to this motherboard. This motherboard is very 'picky' about memory. After contacting my supplier of new memory he told me this. Trying another stick of memory and Bingo! It booted from its deep hibernation.
!