I need additional USB headers in my computer. Can someone help?

wisehumanity

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Hello everyone,
I just built a nice new computer with an Asus Rampage III. One problem, there is only one usb header connector. I would like three more to connect a memory card reader with three usb ports, two sets of my cases usb ports (which have a two ports each), and a usb/esata addon card that came with the mobo(with two usb ports). As it is I only have one set of my cases usb ports hooked up. Ive seen the NZXT one to three header adapter but I need a total of four and I am woried that it may affect the speed of the usb devices. I am thinking of purchasing a pci card that has one header and connecting the nzxt device, but what I would really like is a pci, pci-e, or sata device that will give me all three or more headers in one item. Does anyone have an idea of where to get one, or a better solution than the ones I have?
Thanks

Great post jefe323! I like this approach over what I did.

I had the same issue and solved it a different way. I purchased two USB cables with pin header ends, connected these to the card reader, and then routed the other 2 ends to the rear USB ports.

wisehumanity

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Unfortunatly, there has not been an answer to the question I asked yet. I am thankful for the input, but I already knew about that solution and was hoping for a more elegant one. the NZXT device would leave me with one less usb than I need, and I am worried that the performance would be hampered by it.

Thank you.

wisehumanity

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
It has 3 internal headers and two external usb ports. I suppose I can get a cable to convert one of the external ports to an internal header, and that is probably what I will end up having to do, but I would rather have four internal headers somehow. But thanks for the ideas.

wisehumanity

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010

I dont need six ports, I need NINE. that is why i was looking for FOUR HEADERS!!!!!!!. I am sorry that I yelled but I am already angry at something unrelated.

P.S. I went ahead and got the IU01 and took out one of my usb devices completely since I couldnt find an elegant way to get four headers.

P.P.S. Thanks to everyone for trying to help me find the solution. I appreciate that you took the time to respond. :)