What laptop cases, with wheels, do you use/recommend?

Looking to buy some good laptop cases with wheels for 14" screen Dells and
Toshibas. Saw some expensive ones that were pretty large.

What do people in this newsgroup use? Would be traveling with it, do top
Thx
John
6 answers Last reply
More about what laptop cases wheels recommend

    I've tried a couple of these, but have gone back to over-the-shoulder bags.
    IMO they are great inside airports, but not that useful elsewhere--you end
    up constantly picking them up over curbs, on escalators, etc.. If you go
    that route, I would definitely look for some sort of suspension device and
    not just padding--your machine will definitely take more bumps than if it's
    on your shoulder.

    "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    > Looking to buy some good laptop cases with wheels for 14" screen Dells and
    > Toshibas. Saw some expensive ones that were pretty large.
    >
    > What do people in this newsgroup use? Would be traveling with it, do top
    > Thx
    > John

    Thx! This is good advice and makes sense. The laptop will be bumped around
    more on wheels. Come to think of it, the laptops that have lasted for me
    have always been carried, not wheeled. But even the light ones are heavy
    after a little while. Perhaps a bag with a good shoulder strap. On a search.
    John
    "Joe Davis" <davisexpREMOVE@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I've tried a couple of these, but have gone back to over-the-shoulder
    bags.
    > IMO they are great inside airports, but not that useful elsewhere--you end
    > up constantly picking them up over curbs, on escalators, etc.. If you go
    > that route, I would definitely look for some sort of suspension device and
    > not just padding--your machine will definitely take more bumps than if
    it's
    > on your shoulder.
    >

    > "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    > > Looking to buy some good laptop cases with wheels for 14" screen Dells
    and
    > > Toshibas. Saw some expensive ones that were pretty large.
    > >
    > > What do people in this newsgroup use? Would be traveling with it, do top
    > > Thx
    > > John

    I like backpacks, but Swiss Army makes a nice ballistic cloth briefcase
    model with a very comfortable shoulder strap--that's what I'm using now.

    > Thx! This is good advice and makes sense. The laptop will be bumped around
    > more on wheels. Come to think of it, the laptops that have lasted for me
    > have always been carried, not wheeled. But even the light ones are heavy
    > after a little while. Perhaps a bag with a good shoulder strap. On a
    search.
    > John
    > "Joe Davis" <davisexpREMOVE@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > I've tried a couple of these, but have gone back to over-the-shoulder
    > bags.
    > > IMO they are great inside airports, but not that useful elsewhere--you
    end
    > > up constantly picking them up over curbs, on escalators, etc.. If you
    go
    > > that route, I would definitely look for some sort of suspension device
    and
    > > not just padding--your machine will definitely take more bumps than if
    > it's
    > > on your shoulder.
    > >

    > > "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    > > > Looking to buy some good laptop cases with wheels for 14" screen Dells
    > and
    > > > Toshibas. Saw some expensive ones that were pretty large.
    > > >
    > > > What do people in this newsgroup use? Would be traveling with it, do
    top
    > > > Thx
    > > > John

    The other thing I recommend is, don't get to the point where your laptop is
    in a large bag with a lot of other stuff. If you have to carry a lot of
    other stuff, get a wheeled bag for the other stuff and a light bag for your
    laptop and not much else. Laptops take a beating when they have heavy
    books, electronics etc bumping against them and they are a pain to extract
    from a crowded bag.

    "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    > Thx! This is good advice and makes sense. The laptop will be bumped around
    > more on wheels. Come to think of it, the laptops that have lasted for me
    > have always been carried, not wheeled. But even the light ones are heavy
    > after a little while. Perhaps a bag with a good shoulder strap. On a
    search.
    > John
    > "Joe Davis" <davisexpREMOVE@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > I've tried a couple of these, but have gone back to over-the-shoulder
    > bags.
    > > IMO they are great inside airports, but not that useful elsewhere--you
    end
    > > up constantly picking them up over curbs, on escalators, etc.. If you
    go
    > > that route, I would definitely look for some sort of suspension device
    and
    > > not just padding--your machine will definitely take more bumps than if
    > it's
    > > on your shoulder.
    > >

    > > "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    > > > Looking to buy some good laptop cases with wheels for 14" screen Dells
    > and
    > > > Toshibas. Saw some expensive ones that were pretty large.
    > > >
    > > > What do people in this newsgroup use? Would be traveling with it, do
    top
    > > > Thx
    > > > John

    thx! yes!
    > The other thing I recommend is, don't get to the point where your laptop
    is
    > in a large bag with a lot of other stuff. If you have to carry a lot of
    > other stuff, get a wheeled bag for the other stuff and a light bag for
    your
    > laptop and not much else. Laptops take a beating when they have heavy
    > books, electronics etc bumping against them and they are a pain to extract
    > from a crowded bag.
    >

    > "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    > > Thx! This is good advice and makes sense. The laptop will be bumped
    around
    > > more on wheels. Come to think of it, the laptops that have lasted for me
    > > have always been carried, not wheeled. But even the light ones are heavy
    > > after a little while. Perhaps a bag with a good shoulder strap. On a
    > search.
    > > John
    > > "Joe Davis" <davisexpREMOVE@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > > I've tried a couple of these, but have gone back to over-the-shoulder
    > > bags.
    > > > IMO they are great inside airports, but not that useful elsewhere--you
    > end
    > > > up constantly picking them up over curbs, on escalators, etc.. If you
    > go
    > > > that route, I would definitely look for some sort of suspension device
    > and
    > > > not just padding--your machine will definitely take more bumps than if
    > > it's
    > > > on your shoulder.
    > > >

    > > > "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    Dells
    > > and

    > top

    I use thr us luggage and I love it.

    "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote:

    >thx! yes!
    >"Joe Davis" <davisexpREMOVE@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> The other thing I recommend is, don't get to the point where your laptop
    >is
    >> in a large bag with a lot of other stuff. If you have to carry a lot of
    >> other stuff, get a wheeled bag for the other stuff and a light bag for
    >your
    >> laptop and not much else. Laptops take a beating when they have heavy
    >> books, electronics etc bumping against them and they are a pain to extract
    >> from a crowded bag.
    >>

    >> "John" <j@notrealaddress.org> wrote in message
    >> > Thx! This is good advice and makes sense. The laptop will be bumped
    >around
    >> > more on wheels. Come to think of it, the laptops that have lasted for me
    >> > have always been carried, not wheeled. But even the light ones are heavy
    >> > after a little while. Perhaps a bag with a good shoulder strap. On a
    >> search.
    >> > John
    >> > "Joe Davis" <davisexpREMOVE@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> > bags.