Sign in with
Your question

HDMI Output quality to 1080p LCD TV

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2010 7:21:39 AM

Hello,
I want to build a HTPC with HDMI output to go into my LCD tv. Now there are 2 options and I don't know which is the best.
Option 1:
Buy the Gigabyte G45 motherboard with an HDMI out onboard.
Option 2:
Buy the Intel G41MJ motherboard and add a MSI NVidia N210-MD512 display card with HDMI.

The pc will only be used to media and not games. I don't have enough background as to know what to look for when comparing graphic cards HDMI output performance.

Can someone please help me in this regards.

I thank you
Francois
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 7:58:09 AM

While a G45 board and GT210 would perform quite adequately, the new ATI 5450 video cards offer exceptional performance in HTPC applications. They're the only cards capable of streaming Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD over the HDMI interface, providing excellent video and top-notch audio quality.

You can pair it with any motherboard you choose, just as you could the GT210.

Feel free to consult this page of Tom's Hardware's review of the HD 5450.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5450,2549...
m
l
April 9, 2010 8:20:24 AM

RazberyBandit said:
While a G45 board and GT210 would perform quite adequately, the new ATI 5450 video cards offer exceptional performance in HTPC applications. They're the only cards capable of streaming Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD over the HDMI interface, providing excellent video and top-notch audio quality.

You can pair it with any motherboard you choose, just as you could the GT210.

Feel free to consult this page of Tom's Hardware's review of the HD 5450.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5450,2549...

Thank you very much for the quick responce.
Appreciated

Regards
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 8:23:02 AM

You're welcome :) 

And welcome to Tom's Forums!
m
l
a c 261 U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 4:51:46 PM

For a HTPC, I would bypass the G45 chipsets and look to the H55 based systems. The 32nm clarkdale cpu's are very quiet
and have integrated graphics which are very good for HTPC's Look to the G6950 and i3-530 cpu's

Paired with a H55 motherboard, you get DVI,HDMI, and vga outputs, and can use any two of the three together.

Because of the low power, they need little in the way of cooling and power.
m
l
!