Ok here are my two main issues, right now I have a pretty decent computer (look below for specs), and I want to know whether I should just add another graphics card and wait it out for newer technologies to get cheaper and better or just upgrade now.
The AMD 1090T and 1055T are out and they seem great. The 5800 and 5900 series are out for ATI also. I want these, but my mind has great doubts about the 45nm in the processors and the already dust-collecting graphics card features. My goal is to get a full build (meaning just computer and monitor) and being under 2000 dollars.
The things I have in mind is that I really want to use this computer to its full potential, overclock it, use it for graphics, hardcore gaming, and much more. I want these things to work well with the future.
For example I would want maybe:
- 8 core processor from AMD using possibly AM4 socket motherboards
- ATI 6000 series set of graphics card at under $500
- SATA 3 HDD or SSD if price settles
- Newer edition of the CoolerMaster HAF series
- Possibly Blu-Ray if price drops substantially (like to 50 bucks)
- All USB 3.0
- Higher resolution and perhaps better quality monitors maybe 2160P for example
Basically now the real question is, do you think I should wait around Christmas-time to get these things so the price drops, or what. I personally do want a newer computer, but I think I can just add a new graphics card to my computer, right now I play MW2 at 1440x900 at around 35 FPS using a XFX 9500GT. Do you think I should stick with this 9500GT, add another graphics card in SLI mode. The card should allow me to play 60 FPS atleast with the 9500GT in Modern Warfare 2 and should last till around Christmas time.
I think I am planning to upgrade with a cheap graphics card now, then go full out during Christmas.
Welcome to the forum. We can't really tell you whether to wait or not. What we are here for is to recommend a full build for you when you are ready to purchase and after you fill out the Build Advice form.