How Much Should I Sell My PC For?

I'm looking to sell my current PC that I've had for about 4 years to put towards a new build, but I don't know how much I should put it up for. I was hoping someone might be able to give it a quick once over and provide a general estimate.
My Friend helped me build it and I spent about $700-800 in total.

The MB supports 4GB DDR PC3200 total and PCI/AGP

The flat panel monitor has an issue (power maybe) if it's turned off for several hours and takes several power on/offs to get it to stay on, which is why I have the flat screen as an alternative or an extra.

Here's the list:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2
Processor: Intel P4 2.8GHz
Motherboard: Asus P4P800 SE
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 5500 FX 256 MB DDR (PCI w/ new gpu fan)
Memory: 1 GB Kingston DDR RAM (2x 512 MB)
Hard Drive: 160 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 Ultra
DVD Burner: LG GSA-4167B Super-Multi DVD±RW/RAM
DVD ROM: LITE-ON DVD SOHD-16P9S
Monitor: 19" Samsung Syncmaster Flat Panel (Box Included)
Monitor 2 (Optional): 16" TTX Flat Screen Monitor
Power Supply: 300 Watt ATX12V
Keyboard: Microsoft Multi-media Pro (Corded)
Mouse: Logitech MX510 Optical (Corded)

Includes all software, cables and manuals.

Windows XP SP2 CD
2x IDE Cables
2x SATA Cables
1x DVD Audio Cable
Mouse Adapter - DB9 Female to PS/2 Female
GPU Fan Kit (1x large heat sink, 1x small heat sink, left-over thermal grease)
Bracket with Additonal 2x USB and PC Gameport (Joystick)
-

Any help is greatly appreciated =)
11 answers Last reply
More about sell
  1. Unfortunately, the monitor is basically the only part that anyone would buy imo... And maybe the mouse.
  2. The computer itself is still very usable, it just doesn't suit my needs anymore, I was thinking it could be a good started PC for someone younger or someone who just needs something basic.
  3. Ok, thanks for the help =)
  4. take a page from apple's playbook. A little good marketing can get people to buy overpriced items. :)
  5. $100 tops, its a piece of crap and no warranty.
  6. I agree with daship...

$100 ... and that's only because you are including the OS cd...if the OS was not included...I wouldn't spend more than $65 on this rig...

Fleabay has older office desktops (comps taken out of an office) for sale for around $50...and their specs are, in some cases, better than what you're offering...
  7. do an ebay search of alienware, put all the stuff in the new alienware case. Sell it for 500 bucks to some kid that is dsitracted by flashy crap. /win

In all seriousness, it's worth about 150 bucks, and it will be hard to find a buyer.
  8. ^ LOL
  9. Not more €80-€100 here for everything...including monitor, keyboard, HDD...all of them...where I live. I have seen similar specs on flee market.
  10. guanyu210379 said:
    Not more €80-€100 here for everything...including monitor, keyboard, HDD...all of them...where I live. I have seen similar specs on flee market.

A "flee" market? Is that the one where you just grab *** and run for it?
  11. i_hate_flying said:
    A "flee" market? Is that the one where you just grab *** and run for it?

It is a market for used items or stolen items... :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems