Sign in with
Your question

Multiple display on a Dell Vostro 430

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2010 11:17:25 AM

Hi guys,

Sorry graphic cards are still a mystery for me after browsing for two days on the subject(and getting advice from telephone center around the world)

I am considering buying a Vostro 430 i7 from Dell. (350 watt with Nvidia GT310 graphic card(cheap?) inside VGA +DVI+ HDMI outputs)

http://www.euro.dell.com/uk/en/business/4x_vostro_430/f...

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/vos430/en...

First, does any graphic card with VGA+DVI+HDMI outputs support dual display regardless of system or brand? Is it the case for the system above?

Can I increase this set up to one more monitor (3 extended displays in total) by adding a second graphic card?(internal or external?)

Finally is there a way to get 4 extended screen on this system?

Any suggestions, ideas, links, books, bibles welcome!!!

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

Coco

God bless you all and Elvis
April 9, 2010 11:48:30 AM

One more thing, resolutions that I am trying to run over the extended display is 1920x1200 :-)
April 9, 2010 11:49:29 AM

Yes, with that card, you can run 2 displays, you can add up to 2 more displays if you add a second card with 2 outputs (I don't know any released in the last few years that doen have at least 2 outputs). So you will be able to get your 4 monitors with just 2 cards. I think that's what you were asking.

BTW, Elvis is just chilling in Canada with 2Pac and Biggie. They're going to release an album together, gonna rock this world :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2010 11:12:18 AM

I have the same system.

It looks like this board supports one PCIe x16 (used by GT310), one PCIe x1, and two PCI slots.

Anyone have any advice on what 2nd card to use? Looking on NewEgg... folks are having lots of problems with them on Windows 7.

I'm only looking to get 3 monitors on this system. Although, when I had 1, I wanted 2, 2 became 3, so who knows... maybe I would want 4.

Thanks!
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2010 11:20:26 PM

Quote:
I have the same system.

It looks like this board supports one PCIe x16 (used by GT310), one PCIe x1, and two PCI slots.

Anyone have any advice on what 2nd card to use? Looking on NewEgg... folks are having lots of problems with them on Windows 7.

I'm only looking to get 3 monitors on this system. Although, when I had 1, I wanted 2, 2 became 3, so who knows... maybe I would want 4.

Thanks!

Any update on where you got to on this?

Looking to do the same thing...
October 5, 2010 2:39:45 PM

Also looking to do the same thing, for three monitors. Will one of the PCI 1x cards offered on Newegg work for 3 or 4 monitors in the Vostro? Or is the Optiplex the only option for 4 monitors?
!