Connecting two cat5e sockets in parrallel

im trying to connect two cat5e sockets in parrallel but when i do i lose my connection. I thought at first it was because i was putting two lots of wires in the back but i have tried it by placing the second set of wires in with the end stripped and i losethe connection whenever i connect either the orange/white or the green cables.

Can anyone help?
answers
Last reply
More about connecting cat5e sockets parrallel
  1. Why are you putting them in parallel? If you're trying to run two systems off the same wire it won't work, not without a switch or hub between the computers.
  2. i have a socket on the wall and i want to put a socket under my desk only one will be used at anytime. I dont want to lose the connection on the wall incae i ever need to plug in at that point so i thought i would be able to simply spur off the original socket.
  3. You've lost me.

Only thing I can guess is *maybe* you're trying to connect two ethernet devices over a single ethernet cable. It's best just to use switches, but they do make adapters, one you place on each end, that allow TWO ethernet devices to share a single ethernet cable. Not something I recommend, not something I can imagine using myself, but they do exist.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00288Z0Q6/ (note, MUST be used in pairs)

Otherwise, if I'm way off base, nevermind.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Green Cable Networking