Default browser.

Hi folks.

I have a Win XP SP2 pc in a domain that is shared by two different users.

The question is this........ How can i configure IE to be the
default browser for one user and Firefox for the other?

At the moment the default browser setting applies to all users and when
one changes it for themselves, the other user then logs in and has to
reset their default.

Any ideas??

Cheers :)
5 answers Last reply
More about default browser

    David,
    Set the default browser for your user profile:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > David,
    > Set the default browser for your user profile:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

    Excellent, thanks very much.

    You're welcome David.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "David Pounds" <david.pounds@no_spam_briars.net> wrote in message news:u1fD38T$EHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > David,
    > Set the default browser for your user profile:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

    Excellent, thanks very much.

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/index.html
    that's the best winXP site i've found yet... thx for the link! It even
    has the msi for the NT Backup utility I love. :)

    -matson

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > You're welcome David.

    >> that's the best winXP site i've found yet

    Thanks for the compliments David :-)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > You're welcome David.

Configuration Default Browsers Windows XP