Default browser.

January 17, 2005 8:31:31 PM

Hi folks.

I have a Win XP SP2 pc in a domain that is shared by two different users.

The question is this........ How can i configure IE to be the
default browser for one user and Firefox for the other?

At the moment the default browser setting applies to all users and when
one changes it for themselves, the other user then logs in and has to
reset their default.

Any ideas??

Cheers :)

More about : default browser

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 1:29:14 PM

David,
Set the default browser for your user profile:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"David Pounds" <david.pounds@no_spam_briars.net> wrote in message news:%23SKYopL$EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Hi folks.

I have a Win XP SP2 pc in a domain that is shared by two different users.

The question is this........ How can i configure IE to be the
default browser for one user and Firefox for the other?

At the moment the default browser setting applies to all users and when
one changes it for themselves, the other user then logs in and has to
reset their default.

Any ideas??

Cheers :)
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 1:29:15 PM

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> David,
> Set the default browser for your user profile:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

Excellent, thanks very much.
January 18, 2005 5:57:38 PM

You're welcome David.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"David Pounds" <david.pounds@no_spam_briars.net> wrote in message news:u1fD38T$EHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> David,
> Set the default browser for your user profile:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/defaultbrowser.htm

Excellent, thanks very much.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:57:39 PM

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/index.html
that's the best winXP site i've found yet... thx for the link! It even
has the msi for the NT Backup utility I love. :)

-matson

Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
> You're welcome David.

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 4:21:31 AM

>> that's the best winXP site i've found yet

Thanks for the compliments David :-)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User