Dell Optiplex 980 power connector

AfternoonShift

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Just picked up a Optiplex 980... and figured i could just swap my older 500w ATX PSU into the 980. To my surprise, the 24port connector on the 980 is like half the size(micro?). The current OEM power supply doesn't have a PCI-E connector for my GeForce 9800GT, reason i want to change the PSU.

Does anyone know if they make an adapter to fit a regular size 24port power connect to a micro 24port power connector?

t1ggr

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010

I just picked up a dell optiplex 980 too at work, did this converter work for your optiplex 980?

G

You will also have to swap the pins around on the adapter because, you guessed it, Dell used a non-standard pin configuration. I posted some info here.

t1ggr

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
You will also have to swap the pins around on the adapter because, you guessed it, Dell used a non-standard pin configuration. I posted some info here.

Yeah, I saw that, but I don't feel comfortable doing the electricity work that requires, would you by any chance feel like doing another one of those and maybe putting it up on e-bay? I will pay you well, within reason of course (and shipping to sweden included of course).

My problem being I am in sweden and not able to shop from directron :(, this is for a company computer (frojd.se), and if you could/would help us we would be very pleased!