Reputable Source of Refurbished Laptops??

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 5:42:07 AM

Anyone know?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 5:42:08 AM

You get what you pay for, so the quest is what do you want?

I got a IBM r40 512m 40g 1.3 p-m, two batteries and a 4 year IBM warranty
for $1170 or so. I'm pleased and shopping for a t41 or t42 probably in the
$1800 range with a 735 processor. The store I bought from sold out pretty
fast, so when you see a deal, you have little time to think about it. Oh,
mine was a 1 year lease return.

"Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote in message
news:p po6d.644344$Gx4.463332@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Anyone know?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 5:42:08 AM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:42:07 GMT, "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net>
wrote:

>Anyone know?

Take a look at www.hp.com as they have refurbs starting at $739 for a
15", 2.4+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, 40GB, etc.

I know four persons that have purchased them and are very satisfied.
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 6:37:38 AM

In article
<Ppo6d.644344$Gx4.463332@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote:

> Anyone know?

http://www.ubid.com
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 1:06:10 PM

In article <marymary105-030E87.22454428092004@nyctyp02-ge0.rdc-nyc.rr.com>,
Chu-Chu <marymary105@hotmail.com> wrote:
>In article
><Ppo6d.644344$Gx4.463332@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
> "Ron Reaugh" <rondashreaugh@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Anyone know?
>
>http://www.ubid.com

Check with the web sites for Dell, Toshiba, HP, Compaq, and IBM and
search for the refurb deals. A couple years ago IBM had a "store" on
ebay with a noce assortment of systems. There are lots of reasons why
a system shows up on what's called the "refurb" pile for a major
manufacturer. I almost bought a system from IBM/Ebay and asked about
3-year extedned warranty. IBM would sell me one within 30 days of
buying the system on ebay. Good deal.I don't know if IBM still sells
on Ebay.

There are lots of IBM laptops comming off 3 year lease. A 2001 laptop
isn't too shabby. The major downside to a used laptop IMO is that
the battery isn't as good as new, and a new battery is expensive.

I've heard of used IBM laptops that came with a new battery.

I've bought some good desktop systems from these folks;

http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=SYS

--
Al Dykes
-----------

Not to be advertising but? We sell refurbs as well. Theyre ran hard to
verify they'll last. Ken
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 3:31:32 PM

Who gets the off-lease units? My purchase was upgraded to 512m, a second
battery (used low cycle count), 3 year factory ibm warranty with a 1 year
extension ibm warranty to total 4 years. I know my machine was in
educational use, and received tender treatment by whoever used it. A P-m
1.3 in an r40 is adequate in power and the ibm warranty closed the deal for
me.

But who moves the units from the lessee to the unsed computer purchaser?

Thanks for the used links.

"John" <jeshoemaker@aol.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> You can check these websites for factory-refurbished notebooks:
>
> Dell's off-lease site: http://tinyurl.com/y2zq
> DELL: http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfo/default.htm
> IBM: http://tinyurl.com/wd3k
> IBM DIRECT: http://tinyurl.com/ejh0 (NEW)
>
> Regards ... John

December 3, 2011 6:08:32 AM

If you want to save some money on your Laptop then Refurbished Laptops might just be your best option. You see, when you buy Refurbished Laptops for sale, you can get away with paying a much more affordable price without sacrificing quality or worrying about it being in terrible condition.
I was also looking for a Refurbished Laptop.. Bought Lenovo Ideapad S9 from "ElectroComputerWarehouse" and the product id is "lenovo_ideapad_s9"
a b D Laptop
January 6, 2012 10:35:42 PM

you revives a 7 year old post. and gave the wrong answer
a c 572 D Laptop
January 6, 2012 10:46:09 PM

danishwali said:
you can get away with paying a much more affordable price without sacrificing quality or worrying about it being in terrible condition.
Seriously? You don't worry about the short 7 day return policy and only 30 day warranty on a used computer?
!