NEED URGENT HELP WINDOWS 7 KEYBOARD ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Hey everyone, I need a hand.

I just bought a new USB keyboard* to replace my current PS2 keyboard but Windows refuses to use the new USB one.
After installing all the drivers, the Kboard still will not run. The keys light up and so fourth but will not type/get recognised.

When the computer boots with the PS2 Kboard unplugged, the USB one does not get recognised and I cannot type in my password to login. But when I do have the PS2 Kboard plugged in, the computer goes for that straight away and ignores my other one!

I am using a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium and I NEED HELP!!

*The new keyboard is a Logitech G110

D

Deleted member 217926

What motherboard do you have? I have "Enable USB Keyboard Support" or similar wording as a BIOS option. Try that.

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
I looked and could not find.

Maybe I should point out that the Computer and Windows detects my keyboard and I have installed the necessary software (i.e. the buttons change colour) but I cannot type or use any keyboard commands with the USB keyboard.

D

Deleted member 217926

I am 100% sure it is in Gigabyte BIOS but I have not used an ASUS board in a while. Look at every option in BIOS 1 more time and let me see what I can find.

D

Deleted member 217926

Hmm I am not sure. Maybe try a different USP port. If that does not work and enabling USB Keyboard and Mouse are not BIOS options for you I am stumped.
My G15 has a different driver for PS2 support. Does that G110 have the same and could you have installed that by mistake?

Klosteral

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
Hey mate, thanks for all of your help!
I changed the USB port and fiddled with a few BIOS settings and now EUREKA the bloody thing works!

:D

D

Deleted member 217926

Glad to help. Thankfully it was a super easy fix !

jack_attack

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I hate keyboards that try to be more than keyboards. I've never had a single problem with a basic USB board, but when lights and gizmos start getting added, their reliability goes away pretty quickly seems like.