Mistakenly quick formatted my external...now its gone

haggardhearts

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
I quick formatted my seagate freeagent 1.5 terabyte external drive by mistake and now i cannot locate it in My Computer...tried system restore and got nothing....what should i do now

haggardhearts

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
i tried that also and it isnt detected in the management console...here is exactly what happened. I had an external hard drive that i took out of the case and placed into my actual tower...i have been using it without issue until i mistakenly clicked quick format. while formatting it says that format could not be completed, and since then i cannot locate it whatsoever

rollicayer12

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

Therefore, this free recovery program is what you are looking for:
http://www.squidoo.com/not-formatted-error
Every time I encounter the accidental formatted problem, I would immediately apply this free recovery tool to help me. It has restored a great numbers of videos, photos, music, files and other data for me.
As you try this free tool, you also should notice some tips for the safety of the data:
1. Stop using this drive right now to avoid overwriting the original data, which can erase it permanently.
2. Save your recovered files on a different storage device in case of recovery failure.
3. Always back up you data in the future.