Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia to ATI HD 5770 drivers & install problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 9, 2010 4:46:00 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased a Radeon HD 5770 (AX5770 1GBD5-PPG). I originally uninstalled the previous driver through "device manager" and "uninstall display driver". then i turn off my PC and physically install the new card. Turned the PC back on, and downloaded the driver from the ati website, for my win7 x64. I installed the package "ATI Catalyst™ 10.3 Suite for Windows 7 (64 bit)" after the installed i notice that under device manager it has a display driver "ATI Radeon X1200 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)". Now, that is definitely not the right card on the system, what am i doing wrong?, Did I missed something? In addition, after installing the driver i turned off the PC and placed my DVI cable into the DVI of the card, not the motherboard, and it does not detect any type of signal from neither DVI ports, so right now it only works with the motherboard connection. I hope someone can help me

P.S. I've also uninstalled my old driver with Driver Sweeper, and then used CCleaner to make sure i have nothing left from my old NVIDIA. I have installed the ATI Catalyst around 20 times in many different ways, but is still does not send any signal from to my monitor from the card's DVI ports

My System Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 2.50 GHz
2.00 GB RAM
64 bits OS
Windows 7 Pro
-------
MotherBoard: MSI (MS-7368)
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc (V1.9)
PowerSupply: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS

Thanks in Advance,
AB
April 9, 2010 4:55:30 PM

Did you connect the additional power connector on the card? Try the drivers on the CD or those on the card manufacturer's site.
m
l
April 9, 2010 5:07:41 PM

Thank You, for the fast response.

I was not aware that you needed an additional power connection for the card. Isn't my power supply powerful enough? 700W? If I do need it what type of cable does it take?

About the drivers, I've originally installed the CD's drivers, but there is still no signal out of my card, and then I tried the ones from the website, and same problem. I hope this helps...

P.S. I've read some comments online, that i should update the bios, but I don't feel conformable with this, since I'm 100% sure of what I'm doing. Plus i don't even have a Floppy drive.
m
l
Related resources
April 9, 2010 5:17:40 PM

Its the power cable. Look for a 6-pin connector on your psu, that goes to the 5770
m
l
April 9, 2010 5:26:42 PM

If you don't have that to your PSU, you got with the card a small connector that goes in your card on one end and to one of your PSU connectors on the other.
m
l
!