Solved

How to format a new Seagate 1 TB ST31000528AS for mac

Hello,
Does anyone know how to format a new Seagate 1 TB ST31000528AS for mac,mine is dying so purchased same model, It came formatted DOS so,
I used my portable Universal Drive Adapter, Went to Disk Utilty,Erased it to format Mac OS extended journal,and it failed..There is a partition that is holding on in dos..What can I do :(
Noel
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about format seagate st31000528as
  1. Best answer
    you can delete all the partitions on the drive, and create 1 partition. Format it with the mac filesystem and you are good to go
  2. Thanks for responding,
    I tried deleting part ion and it gave me an error ,

Called seagate and asked them, if this was pre owned since i paid for a new on one on Amazon, the serial number came up not purchased previously, But the fact that it had a partition, was suspect.

I've never had a drive that even after erasing would hold on to partition, could it be the way I've connected it via Universal Drive connector?

I tried delete partition and create new one it fails and still keep partition I deleted.

Something shows up as FPI not being a pc user, i do not know, maybe some sorta corrupt file, Im gonna return this drive and pray mine hangs on till then..
    Thanks again
  3. Best answer selected by blendez.
  4. connect it externally and do fat32, works for both
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Format Macintosh Seagate Storage