Ok with Far Cry 2, but unplayable with crysis?

adam_x_brookes

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Hello, well just got my 5670 and I've been really happy with it, its been a HUGE upgrade from my previous HD4650 DDR2. I can get 60-40fps on Far cry 2 with everything on high settings, and 4x AA, however I tried to play crysis on high settings and I', getting like 25 ( ish ) but really really jerky and not constant, The game looks so different and horrible on medium settings so I really really would rather not. I game at 1440 x 900, and my other specs are in signiture.

Any advice on why Crysis is failing but far cry 2 is winning?

Thank you in advance guys and girls :??:

raza715

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
no it is happening because of your CPU, try overclocking it to 3 or 3.4ghz and results will be much different. And for crysis 25 to 40fps are fine, just because game is very demanding and still heaviest game.

G

To put it simply, Far Cry 2 is more optimised than Crysis. Crysis is the most demanding game out even after 3 years. People with high end quad cores and the new ATI 5870 still suffer, unfortunately your 5670 isn’t cut out for Crysis as its a low-midrange video card and its further crippled by the bottleneck of your CPU. Turn the graphcis down to low/medium and you should be ok.