Sign in with
Your question

Ok with Far Cry 2, but unplayable with crysis?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 10:09:30 PM

Hello, well just got my 5670 and I've been really happy with it, its been a HUGE upgrade from my previous HD4650 DDR2. I can get 60-40fps on Far cry 2 with everything on high settings, and 4x AA, however I tried to play crysis on high settings and I', getting like 25 ( ish ) but really really jerky and not constant, The game looks so different and horrible on medium settings so I really really would rather not. I game at 1440 x 900, and my other specs are in signiture.

Any advice on why Crysis is failing but far cry 2 is winning?

Thank you in advance guys and girls :??: 

More about : cry unplayable crysis

April 9, 2010 10:41:36 PM

no it is happening because of your CPU, try overclocking it to 3 or 3.4ghz and results will be much different. And for crysis 25 to 40fps are fine, just because game is very demanding and still heaviest game.
Related resources
April 9, 2010 10:48:03 PM

crysis is still the most demanding game out , metro 33 might be second .

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 9, 2010 11:49:08 PM

adam_x_brookes said:
Hello, well just got my 5670 and I've been really happy with it, its been a HUGE upgrade from my previous HD4650 DDR2. I can get 60-40fps on Far cry 2 with everything on high settings, and 4x AA, however I tried to play crysis on high settings and I', getting like 25 ( ish ) but really really jerky and not constant, The game looks so different and horrible on medium settings so I really really would rather not. I game at 1440 x 900, and my other specs are in signiture.

Any advice on why Crysis is failing but far cry 2 is winning?

Thank you in advance guys and girls :??: 

To put it simply, Far Cry 2 is more optimised than Crysis. Crysis is the most demanding game out even after 3 years. People with high end quad cores and the new ATI 5870 still suffer, unfortunately your 5670 isn’t cut out for Crysis as its a low-midrange video card and its further crippled by the bottleneck of your CPU. Turn the graphcis down to low/medium and you should be ok.
!