OK, so recently my tube of AS5 ran out. I also learned my CPU temps were actually a lot higher than i thought, sooo I need to reapply my paste, CORRECTLY THIS TIME! I saw that AC had released the MX-4 for a much more budget wise pricing compared to the MX-3, But.... AC doesn't even have the MX-4 product on there site. :p That's weiird, but yet they put the awards MX4 won on its site :p The review speaks for itself it is at a much lower and better pricing vs the mx-3 http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3383/arctic_cooling_mx_4_thermal_compound/index.html and better than the MX2. IT doesn't require curing either right? Another thing to discuss where do they even sell it? I can't find MX4 anyware. And last but not least... What's better than MX4 after looking at the review. Price wise of course.

Hmm :p It does catch my performance speaking. But the pricing/amount is a bit... more than the MX-4 Though i would put the IC 7 into consideration. I'd like to see an indepth review though of the MX4 vs IC7 haha. But since you found the IC 7 sale anort, I heard MX4 is OEM meaning it comes with a heatsink. But do you know where they'd sell it?

EDIT: Also I noticed that MX-(2,3,4) don't need to be cured, while IC7 does, but only for 2 hrs. What does curing actually mean though?

D

Deleted member 217926

I really should have remembered this :D

If you have been a member for at least 6 months and have over 50 posts IC is giving away tubes of their new product.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258835-29-innovation-cooling-diamond-carat-thermal-compound-giveaway

Most people are seeing drops of 5C to 7C over just about any other product. Last I saw there were still about 30 tubes left to give away.

Curing just means it has to set for a few hours to achieve maximum potential. Meaning temps will drop for 2 hours or so then be as low as they go.

I can not find anything on buying MX4 but I am willing to bet the IC product beats it. As far as I can tell only the Coollaboratory Liquid Pro beats it and it is a multi step pain to apply.

D

Deleted member 217926

Curing just means it has to be heated and cooled a number of times before it basically settles and spreads to its optimal level. The thicker the compound the longer it takes generally. I believe Artic Silver 5 takes somewhere between 100 and 200 hours to "cure" properly.

I believe the IC deal is still valid. I actually did not think I was going to have a chance to do any testing but I have to do a new build for a family member soon that I will have a little time to play with. This thread you started actually reminded me of the IC giveaway so I sent him a PM last night. Hopefully the deal is still open. You meet the criteria to get a tube so you might as well try it. People are getting great results with it.