Used budget rig

Hey all,

a guys is offering me this rig. i was meaning to build my own but if the price is right :)

would you guys help me highlight the pros and cons of the below set and give an estimate how much it should cost (used)?

motherboard MSI 790GX-G65
CPU AMD II X4 620 2.6GHZ
3GB DDR3 ADATA GAMESERIES 1333G
MSI ATI HD 5770 GDDR5 1024MB
HDD SEAGATE 1500GB 7200PRMDVD-RW
CARDREADER
SEASONIC UP 485W 80 PLUS BRONZE II
PC GAMING CASE AKUTAKE ATX.
Monitor: Samsung 2333HD

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about used budget
  1. I wouldn't take it. Cheap mobo, slow quad, non dual channel RAM, ok GPU, bad HDD series, cheap case, and a PSU that I don't believe exists. Exactly how much is he selling it for? I would pick up the GPU and monitor if they are cheap.
  2. 720 euro. the monitor is nice and the gpu aint bad. was thinking to offer 550 euro max
  3. 550 euros = $700? Not worth it imo. Chances are you could get a better build doing it yourself new. What sites can you buy from and i'll try to put together a build for you.
  4. including the monitor and windows tough mate :) and yes thats 700 usd

http://www.alza.cz/EN/

1 USD = 20 CZK

if i would pick my own parts i would pick something like the below, hoping for an unlock @1200 USD which, unfortunately is above my budget. perhaps i should just save a bit rather then buying that used build.

LCD monitor 22" BenQ T2210HD
    A-DATA 4GB KIT DDR3 1333MHz Vitesta Edition
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition
    ANTEC Three Hundred Ultimate Gamer
    ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    CORSAIR TX750
    MSI R5770 Hawk
    OEM Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium uk
    SAMSUNG SH-S223C dvd-rw
    SAMSUNG SpinPoint F3 500GB
  5. There's a build advice form in my signature. You are getting far, far better quality parts in the custom build you posted. With the monitor and OS I concede it's not a bad deal, I just personally wouldn't want the poor quality. Maybe you could talk him down a little bit, and then just switch out the HDD and remove the 1GB stick of RAM to get dual channel back.
  6. Yeah you are right. the only salvagable parts in his set will cost new around 530 usd anyway (monitor, os,GPU)
    Thanks for the advise! back to the piggy bank!
  7. Never make the mistake of opting for a pointless dual core when you have same speed or faster quad or triple core CPU for the same price or up to $25 less.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems