Sign in with
Your question

My desktop keeps telling me wrong password its not what is wrong

Last response: in Windows XP
January 26, 2013 5:00:17 PM

Hello,
I cannot get into my computer at all without my password. It keep telling me its wrong but its not. It happens over and over. I have a acer modem. Please help....
January 26, 2013 5:43:35 PM

Well, if it wrong, it's wrong! The only thing that I can say,
can U get to safe mode Admin? (f8 at startup)
try changing it from there.

m
l
January 28, 2013 3:12:53 AM

had a friend that this happened to. we ended up reformatting her computer since she didn't have a repair disc. tried the F8 thing to reset password. wouldn't work without disc.
m
l
January 31, 2013 5:09:40 PM

diolynn17 said:
Hello,
I cannot get into my computer at all without my password. It keep telling me its wrong but its not. It happens over and over. I have a acer modem. Please help....

It's the wrong password.

Check caps lock, numlock, make sure those are not on.

Or someone aside from you changed the password.

In 100% of cases when people can't get in, it's because they are not putting in the right password (for whatever reason, they forgot it, not paying attention, someone changed it on them, etc...). Once when my bank was bought out, the new bank entity decided to add a extra 0 to the end of my ATM pin. That was fun when they did that, could not access my money for a few days till I got them to tell me what happened.

You don't have an ACER MODEM by the way, it's a computer. A modem stands for "MOdulator/DEModulator" and it used to connect the computer to a network like he modem you use to an interne connection.
m
l
Related resources
!