Sign in with
Your question

"Secondary CPU Interrupt problem", BSOD, OK boot-drive not recognized

Last response: in CPUs
July 15, 2010 11:37:41 AM

Hey there!

When I produced the final pdf for my final exam, (!!) my CPU (Athlon XII @ 3,2) decided to make my comp crash. It was something about a secondary CPU not responding to an interrupt in time and the crash dump never stopped. So at some point, as I was under massive time pressure, I decided to reboot - now the system drive can't be recognized or it has a read error. In my wife's comp, it booted up like a charm.

If it's possible to tell:

Is the CPU broken?
Is the MoBo broken?
Are both broken?

Thanks ;) 
a c 126 à CPUs
July 16, 2010 4:12:42 PM

I would go for a bad CPU BUT the only way to tell is to install a known good CPU into the system and see if it boots or not.
July 18, 2010 7:27:37 PM

Too bad I don't have access to any :(  Running memtest86+ now... I don't know how this will test board ord CPU though, or what will be shown when my board/CPU is faulty. Of course I can only rtun software from my DVD drive as I can't boot Windows anymore :??: 
July 19, 2010 7:13:18 AM

OK, looks like the MoBo jumbled up the boot order. Might also have been due to overheating, as all HD fans stood still but one, the fan driving unit must be broken. Changed the SATA positions and boot order, now it boots up...
!