Sign in with
Your question

ANYONE RUNNING 12GB OF MUSHKIN 998805 ON RAMPAGE III FORMULA????

Last response: in Motherboards
January 24, 2011 5:38:08 AM

ANYONE RUNNING 12GB OF MUSHKIN 998805 ON RAMPAGE III FORMULA????
Does it work with xmp? Does it work at stock timing and volts if you set it manually?
I have 6X2gb stick on the way and im a little worried they may not all show. The mobo is also on its way.
Thanks for any help.
beyond this will a noctura d14 fit with this config?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
January 24, 2011 12:53:20 PM

If you want to be sure in advance of memory compatibility, you might go to the Asus site and see what memory configurations they have validated it with. It's in the manual, section 2.4.2, System Memory - Memory Configurations.

On the one hand, the memory supports up to "6 x DIMM, Max. 24 GB," so it should be able to run with all six. However, the memory you specified is 1600 MHZ and the manual states that "Due to Intel spec definition, XMP DIMMs and DDR3-1600 are supported for one DIMM per channel only." So if I had to bet, I would bet against this working.

You would also do better to get memory that runs below 1.65 volts; the CPU really wants to work with 1.5 volt memory.

However, that's just my thoughts. I don't have what you asked for, personal experience of running that memory on that mobo.
m
l
February 15, 2011 7:28:22 AM

Wanted to let everyone know this setup works great... FANTASTIC IN FACT. no detection problems and FAST. got them about 1700mhz right now at stock timing and volts stable. Haven't run memtest at these speeds but i think they will pass without hiccup.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 11:51:15 AM

Excellent news.
m
l
!