Kriss

I have TRLR on XP which only runs in compatibility mode. My USB gamepad
does not seem to work although the same gamepad works when using TRII &
TRIII, these two games do not require comaptibility mode on my PC.

Are there any patches to make TRLR recognise the USB gamepad? or are there
are patches that do not require compatibility mode?

Or are USB gamepads not suitable?

TRLR should not require Compatibility Mode. Have you applied any of the
patches available on Stella's site?

www.tombraiders.net.

HTH

JW

"Kriss" <kriss_cringle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have TRLR on XP which only runs in compatibility mode. My USB gamepad
> does not seem to work although the same gamepad works when using TRII &
> TRIII, these two games do not require comaptibility mode on my PC.
>
> Are there any patches to make TRLR recognise the USB gamepad? or are there
> are patches that do not require compatibility mode?
>
> Or are USB gamepads not suitable?

Kriss

The software company who now sell the game "SOLD OUT SOFTWARE" say that
compatibility mode is required. But I have found a patch on
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp.html

which doesnt require compatibility mode....and it now works fine.

Thanks anyway.
Kriss

"Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> TRLR should not require Compatibility Mode. Have you applied any of the
> patches available on Stella's site?
>
> www.tombraiders.net.
>
> HTH
>
> JW
>
> "Kriss" <kriss_cringle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have TRLR on XP which only runs in compatibility mode. My USB gamepad
> > does not seem to work although the same gamepad works when using TRII &
> > TRIII, these two games do not require comaptibility mode on my PC.
> >
> > Are there any patches to make TRLR recognise the USB gamepad? or are
there
> > are patches that do not require compatibility mode?
> >
> > Or are USB gamepads not suitable?

The patch on trc.com is not patch at all. Its just a windows smart tag
utility which automatically enables compatibility mode for game. So as
a result, you are using Compatibility mode.

On the other hand, you have no way rather than to use Compatibility
mode, coz TRLR was not made for NT systems. It is Win98 software. So
don't waste your time by searching alternatives, you can do nothing.
XP is a new eXPerience, remember? :)

Eidos's last released patch is PC Patch and it can be found at:

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=5&searchText=&game=139&platform=3

It was released in 1999 and fixes some hardware problems...

Gamepad issue: This is most probably hardware problem, as I don't see
any reasin for it not to work with TRLR. Or are you using AMD CPU? Coz
as years passed, many changes have occured in command sets of various
microprocessors, as a result old software fail especially when they
handle IRQ commands.

That is it for now... Hope this will enlighten a bit...