USB Gamepad XP TRLR

I have TRLR on XP which only runs in compatibility mode. My USB gamepad
does not seem to work although the same gamepad works when using TRII &
TRIII, these two games do not require comaptibility mode on my PC.

Are there any patches to make TRLR recognise the USB gamepad? or are there
are patches that do not require compatibility mode?

Or are USB gamepads not suitable?
3 answers Last reply
More about gamepad trlr
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    TRLR should not require Compatibility Mode. Have you applied any of the
    patches available on Stella's site?

    www.tombraiders.net.

    HTH

    JW

    "Kriss" <kriss_cringle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have TRLR on XP which only runs in compatibility mode. My USB gamepad
    > does not seem to work although the same gamepad works when using TRII &
    > TRIII, these two games do not require comaptibility mode on my PC.
    >
    > Are there any patches to make TRLR recognise the USB gamepad? or are there
    > are patches that do not require compatibility mode?
    >
    > Or are USB gamepads not suitable?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    The software company who now sell the game "SOLD OUT SOFTWARE" say that
    compatibility mode is required. But I have found a patch on
    http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp.html

    which doesnt require compatibility mode....and it now works fine.

    Thanks anyway.
    Kriss

    "Dublevay" <duble@byNO--SPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
    > TRLR should not require Compatibility Mode. Have you applied any of the
    > patches available on Stella's site?
    >
    > www.tombraiders.net.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > JW
    >
    > "Kriss" <kriss_cringle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I have TRLR on XP which only runs in compatibility mode. My USB gamepad
    > > does not seem to work although the same gamepad works when using TRII &
    > > TRIII, these two games do not require comaptibility mode on my PC.
    > >
    > > Are there any patches to make TRLR recognise the USB gamepad? or are
    there
    > > are patches that do not require compatibility mode?
    > >
    > > Or are USB gamepads not suitable?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    The patch on trc.com is not patch at all. Its just a windows smart tag
    utility which automatically enables compatibility mode for game. So as
    a result, you are using Compatibility mode.

    On the other hand, you have no way rather than to use Compatibility
    mode, coz TRLR was not made for NT systems. It is Win98 software. So
    don't waste your time by searching alternatives, you can do nothing.
    XP is a new eXPerience, remember? :)

    Eidos's last released patch is PC Patch and it can be found at:

    http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=5&searchText=&game=139&platform=3

    It was released in 1999 and fixes some hardware problems...

    Gamepad issue: This is most probably hardware problem, as I don't see
    any reasin for it not to work with TRLR. Or are you using AMD CPU? Coz
    as years passed, many changes have occured in command sets of various
    microprocessors, as a result old software fail especially when they
    handle IRQ commands.

    That is it for now... Hope this will enlighten a bit...

    "Kriss" <kriss_cringle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c6stv9$obo$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...
    > The software company who now sell the game "SOLD OUT SOFTWARE" say that
    > compatibility mode is required. But I have found a patch on
    > http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/windowsxp.html
    >
    > which doesnt require compatibility mode....and it now works fine.
    >
    > Thanks anyway.
    > Kriss

Windows XP Games Compatibility Gamepad USB Video Games