Enable Turn on Classic Shell in Group Policy Modifies Wind..

Enable Turn on Classic Shell in Group Policy Modifies Windows Explorer View
to use Icons instead of Details. I would like to Enable Turn on Classic Shell
in Group Policy and set Windows Explorer view to Details.
3 answers Last reply
More about enable turn classic shell group policy modifies wind

    "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Enable Turn on Classic Shell in Group Policy Modifies Windows Explorer View
    >to use Icons instead of Details. I would like to Enable Turn on Classic Shell
    >in Group Policy and set Windows Explorer view to Details.

    Make your settings for one folder, then go to Tools > Folder Options >
    View and press the "Apply to all Folders" button. This should work in
    the Classic shell as well.

    --
    (tm)

    Thank You for your reply. Did this work for you with "Trun On Classic Shell"
    Policy enabled? It does function as you stated until I enable the "Turn on
    Classic Shell" Policy. When "Turn on Classic Shell" is enabled all windows
    explorer and Control Panel Icons switch from Detail to Icon view. I can
    manuallt change them back to Detail view but the "Apply to all Folders" does
    not work. After manually changing the view from Icon to Details and
    restarting Windows Explorer they default back to Icon view. Thanks

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Enable Turn on Classic Shell in Group Policy Modifies Windows Explorer View
    > >to use Icons instead of Details. I would like to Enable Turn on Classic Shell
    > >in Group Policy and set Windows Explorer view to Details.
    >
    > Make your settings for one folder, then go to Tools > Folder Options >
    > View and press the "Apply to all Folders" button. This should work in
    > the Classic shell as well.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thank You for your reply. Did this work for you with "Trun On Classic Shell"
    >Policy enabled? It does function as you stated until I enable the "Turn on
    >Classic Shell" Policy. When "Turn on Classic Shell" is enabled all windows
    >explorer and Control Panel Icons switch from Detail to Icon view. I can
    >manuallt change them back to Detail view but the "Apply to all Folders" does
    >not work. After manually changing the view from Icon to Details and
    >restarting Windows Explorer they default back to Icon view. Thanks

    Then try this also: Delete the Registry keys
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags and
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU, both with
    all the subentries, then create new keys "BagMRU" and "Bags" here. At
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam create a new
    DWORD entry
    BagMRU Size
    and set this to
    5000 (decimal)
    Restart the computer.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Policy Windows Explorer Shell Classic Windows XP