Angel of darkness not working

Ian

When I try to play the game the computer freezes after the opening "Eidos"
screen. I have an Nvidia geforce FX5200 graphics card and the sound is
C-Media AC97 on board. I have installed the latest drivers for both and have
also installed a game patch (4.2) The processor os P4 3.4ghz and there is
512 Ram. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have also unplugged
various USB devices and disabled Zone alarm and AVG anti virus but the
problem still exists. Dose anyone have any ideas what to do next week apart
from throw the game through the window?

Cheers
Ian

I installed the 4.2 patch and then the latest patch, 5.2 after the 4.2
install. I believe that this might help you out. The other thing that I have
found to be the biggest problem is the way the game interacts with the
sound card.
Here is a suggestion that I need to credit to Robert Pilger who kindly
helped me out with this sound card tip, that is if the latest patch does not
help first. I found the game to run much better using the latest sound card
driver like you have already done and then reducing the acceleration to
Basic within Windows itself. Like is suggested by Robert here in this quote:

"This is more commonly a sound-card conflict error with the game, which
sometimes happens on the popular Audigy series of cards. This is due to the
compatability of the card drivers with the game. To fix these problems
please either download and run WDM drivers (microsoft certified) or go into
your dxdiag diagnostics tool and reduce acceleration to Basic in the Sound
Tab."

Good Luck, Bruce

"Ian" <ian@ilockett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> When I try to play the game the computer freezes after the opening "Eidos"
> screen. I have an Nvidia geforce FX5200 graphics card and the sound is
> C-Media AC97 on board. I have installed the latest drivers for both and
have
> also installed a game patch (4.2) The processor os P4 3.4ghz and there is
> 512 Ram. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have also unplugged
> various USB devices and disabled Zone alarm and AVG anti virus but the
> problem still exists. Dose anyone have any ideas what to do next week
apart
> from throw the game through the window?
>
> Cheers
> Ian

Ian

Sorry, should have mentioned I am running Windows XP Professional

"Ian" <ian@ilockett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> When I try to play the game the computer freezes after the opening "Eidos"
> screen. I have an Nvidia geforce FX5200 graphics card and the sound is
> C-Media AC97 on board. I have installed the latest drivers for both and
have
> also installed a game patch (4.2) The processor os P4 3.4ghz and there is
> 512 Ram. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have also unplugged
> various USB devices and disabled Zone alarm and AVG anti virus but the
> problem still exists. Dose anyone have any ideas what to do next week
apart
> from throw the game through the window?
>
> Cheers
> Ian

Ian

Hi Bruce
I tried what you suggested and the problem still remains. It looks like I'll
never be able to play it now unless I change the graphic card and sound
card.
"brucefurman" <furman@nospamteleport.com> wrote in message
> I installed the 4.2 patch and then the latest patch, 5.2 after the 4.2
> install. I believe that this might help you out. The other thing that I
have
> found to be the biggest problem is the way the game interacts with the
> sound card.
> Here is a suggestion that I need to credit to Robert Pilger who kindly
> helped me out with this sound card tip, that is if the latest patch does
not
> help first. I found the game to run much better using the latest sound
card
> driver like you have already done and then reducing the acceleration to
> Basic within Windows itself. Like is suggested by Robert here in this
quote:

> "This is more commonly a sound-card conflict error with the game, which
> sometimes happens on the popular Audigy series of cards. This is due to
the
> compatability of the card drivers with the game. To fix these problems
> please either download and run WDM drivers (microsoft certified) or go
into
> your dxdiag diagnostics tool and reduce acceleration to Basic in the Sound
> Tab."
>
> Good Luck, Bruce
>

> "Ian" <ian@ilockett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > When I try to play the game the computer freezes after the opening
"Eidos"
> > screen. I have an Nvidia geforce FX5200 graphics card and the sound is
> > C-Media AC97 on board. I have installed the latest drivers for both and
> have
> > also installed a game patch (4.2) The processor os P4 3.4ghz and there
is
> > 512 Ram. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have also
unplugged
> > various USB devices and disabled Zone alarm and AVG anti virus but the
> > problem still exists. Dose anyone have any ideas what to do next week
> apart
> > from throw the game through the window?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ian

Ian

i finally got it working, i went to settings and clicked all the USB
wireless HID Receivers and disabled them. I'm not sure what they do but the
game worked anyway. When I finish playing I just go back to settings and
enable them all again. I think they may be something to do with my wireless
keyboard and mouse although they still work in the game.

"Ian" <ian@ilockett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> When I try to play the game the computer freezes after the opening "Eidos"
> screen. I have an Nvidia geforce FX5200 graphics card and the sound is
> C-Media AC97 on board. I have installed the latest drivers for both and
have
> also installed a game patch (4.2) The processor os P4 3.4ghz and there is
> 512 Ram. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have also unplugged
> various USB devices and disabled Zone alarm and AVG anti virus but the
> problem still exists. Dose anyone have any ideas what to do next week
apart
> from throw the game through the window?
>
> Cheers
> Ian

Good deal, I'll remember that.

> i finally got it working, i went to settings and clicked all the USB
> wireless HID Receivers and disabled them. I'm not sure what they do but
the
> game worked anyway. When I finish playing I just go back to settings and
> enable them all again. I think they may be something to do with my
wireless
> keyboard and mouse although they still work in the game.
>
> "Ian" <ian@ilockett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > When I try to play the game the computer freezes after the opening
"Eidos"
> > screen. I have an Nvidia geforce FX5200 graphics card and the sound is
> > C-Media AC97 on board. I have installed the latest drivers for both and
> have
> > also installed a game patch (4.2) The processor os P4 3.4ghz and there
is
> > 512 Ram. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have also
unplugged
> > various USB devices and disabled Zone alarm and AVG anti virus but the
> > problem still exists. Dose anyone have any ideas what to do next week
> apart
> > from throw the game through the window?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Ian

Apply build 49 patch info

http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

**savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

** No Fate **

cheers,
dracman
Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictures.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1midaspics.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm

**savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

** Win2k and winXP hi-res with TR1
http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm

** Tomb Raider 1 add on UB levels
http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

** GTA III vice City Character MOD
http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

**purchase Tomb Raider 1 PC CD **
http://www.smokeypoint.com/medipak.htm#tombraider1

:
: "Ian" <ian@ilockett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
: news:c6ufam$rjj$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
: > When I try to play the game the computer freezes after the opening "Eidos"
: > screen. I have an Nvidia geforce FX5200 graphics card and the sound is
: > C-Media AC97 on board. I have installed the latest drivers for both and
: have
: > also installed a game patch (4.2) The processor os P4 3.4ghz and there is
: > 512 Ram. Nothing i do seems to make any difference. I have also unplugged
: > various USB devices and disabled Zone alarm and AVG anti virus but the
: > problem still exists. Dose anyone have any ideas what to do next week
: apart
: > from throw the game through the window?
: >
: > Cheers
: > Ian
: >