Installing the nVIDIA GeForce4 440 in a Dell Inspiron 8100

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 29, 2004 3:23:43 PM

Hi, I've just purchased a 64mb nVIDIA GeForce4 440 graphics card for
my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop off eBay. The card is new, but there are
no instructions how now to install it. I searched google to see if any
websites had instructions and I found this one:
http://www.bay-wolf.com/geforce4-1.htm
It seems to be pretty good and easy to understand, but I can't even
start the process because Step 1 is to download some type of driver.
The site says "Download the I8200 Driver set for the Nvidia GeForce4
440 Display Adaptor." I've searched google for this and game up with
nothing. Where do I go about obtaining this driver set for the video
card so that I can install the card as soon as possible? Thank you in
advance to anyone who can help me!
~Erica.
September 30, 2004 4:07:06 PM

On 29 Sep 2004 11:23:43 -0700, clyndesign@aol.com (Carolyn Dempsey
Design) wrote:

>Hi, I've just purchased a 64mb nVIDIA GeForce4 440 graphics card for
>my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop off eBay. The card is new, but there are
>no instructions how now to install it. I searched google to see if any
>websites had instructions and I found this one:
>http://www.bay-wolf.com/geforce4-1.htm
>It seems to be pretty good and easy to understand, but I can't even
>start the process because Step 1 is to download some type of driver.
>The site says "Download the I8200 Driver set for the Nvidia GeForce4
>440 Display Adaptor." I've searched google for this and game up with
>nothing. Where do I go about obtaining this driver set for the video
>card so that I can install the card as soon as possible? Thank you in
>advance to anyone who can help me!
>~Erica.

Instructions and drivers are on Dell's site under home and home office
then supporr. Somewhere in there is a way to find the info you are
looking for.

For example there's this:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8100/e...

Drivers for it would be under downloads in the product support
pull-down menu.
!