SMPS

Hello,
actally mine harddisk and dvd writer are getting crashed in every two or three months :i have dual core amd processor athlon 2 biostar motherboard model A785GE i have 2 harddisks one is 250G segate and the other one is 40G samsang
i think due old smps i am getting these problems it 240V frontech smps model ATX-7P4-3....any valuable suggestions would be very helpful
8 answers Last reply
More about smps
  1. It could also be a failing HDD, or the optical drive getting too old.
    Do you also experience issues like random system crashes? If yes, then time for a new smps
  2. ksampanna said:
    It could also be a failing HDD, or the optical drive getting too old.
    Do you also experience issues like random system crashes? If yes, then time for a new smps

---actually mine harddisk and dvd writer are brand new and i have replaced them 3 times.... so i don't think it is the case optical drive getting old ....could u please suggest any good smps for the described config
  3. You full config please. Corsair CX400W is the one from what you have mentioned till now.
  4. hell_storm2004 said:
    You full config please. Corsair CX400W is the one from what you have mentioned till now.

---harddisk ---segate 250G(new)
    ---motherboard --------- biostar A785GE(new)
    ----proceesor ----------- athlon II(new)
    -----smps -------------240 V frontech(old)
  5. No GPU?

Then that is the one!
  6. nope inbuild in the motherboard
  7. hell_storm2004 said:
    Then that is the one!
  8. +1 for the smps suggested. But I doubt you'll be able to get it from your local retailer. Ordering it from a website is what you might have to do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Hard Drives DVD Writers Components